Relocation to Thailand under a partner program for IT and Digital experts is a quick way to obtain a Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”. All financial, immigration and tax issues are delegated to the local company. Read on to find out more, and book a FREE first consultation with our experts!
- The Essence of the Offer
- Conditions of Relocation to Thailand Through a Local Partner
- List of Documents Submitted by the Applicant
- Documents Received by the Beneficial Owner
- Relocation to Thailand Under a Partner Program: Exploring the Benefits
- Financial Aspects of Relocation to Thailand Under a Partner Program
- Consider the Service Packages Offered by the Partner Company
- Salary to Be Accrued
- Partner Company Payment Options
- Process of Relocation to Thailand Through a Local Partner
- Procedures to Be Performed OUTSIDE Thai Territory
- Procedures to Be Performed WITHIN Thai Territory
- Changing the Visa Category in Thai Territory
- Expert Assistance in Relocation to Thailand Under the Partner Program
The Essence of the Offer
Relocation to Thailand for permanent residence is easy if you work in the Digital. Under the proposed partnership program, an officially registered and licensed Thai employer can legally hire:
- digital entrepreneurs
- remote workers
- technical teams
The local partner helps the client with relocation to Thailand and deals with finance, taxes, social security, and immigration processes. You are eligible if you work in software development, blockchain technologies, design, digital marketing, business digitalization, and other activities related to the digital sphere.
After relocation to Thailand, an immigrant cooperating with a partner gets a salary in Thai baht net of taxes, service fees and social security contributions, and transfers minimum monthly earnings to the partner’s account.
Conditions of Relocation to Thailand Through a Local Partner
- age 22-50
- employment in the digital sphere
- the minimum monthly income of $2.5 thou.
- specialized higher education + at least 2 years of experience in the digital field/5 years of cumulative work experience (confirmed with reference letters)
- an existing company/customer base/possibilities to find new customers
- willingness to enter into an annual/longer-term contract with a partner company
List of Documents Submitted by the Applicant
The partner requires the following documents from the applicant to apply for a Thai business visa and work permit:
- reference letter written no more than 6 months ago
- diploma of higher education
- professional certificates
- 8 passport-size photos (4 x 6 cm) taken in the previous 6-month period
- original and copy of the (foreign) passport with a validity period of at least 6 months
You will need the following documents for family relocation:
- birth certificate (for children)
- marriage certificate (for a spouse; Thai law does not allow same-sex marriages)
The following documents are additionally prepared by the partner company:
- a completed visa application form
- evidence of adequate financial resources for living in Thailand (20,000 baht per person and 40,000 baht per family)
- a confirmation letter from the Ministry of Labor received by the potential employer in response to WP3 form sent to the Office of Foreign Workers /Employment Department/Ministry of Labor /Provincial Employment Office in the relevant province.
- a copy of the work permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and documentation on income tax payment (if the applicant previously arranged for relocation and worked in Thailand).
- employer’s corporate documents, including any of the following:
- documents on business registration and issuance of a business license
- list of shareholders
- company profile
- Information on commercial activities
- list of foreign employees with full names, nationalities, and positions
- document indicating the company’s location
- balance sheet, income tax, and profit tax report (based on the results of the previous fiscal year)
- document indicating the number of foreign tourists served (for tourism business) / documents indicating export operations issued by banks (for export business)
Documents Received by the Beneficial Owner
|Single or multiple Thailand Non-Immigrant B Visa that permits legal employment|
|Digital Work Permit (D-WP). The D-WP is issued 2 weeks after relocation to Thailand. The process is completed in Chiang Mai / Bangkok.|
|Social security card. It is issued after 3 months of participation in the partner program, and the beneficial owner receives a social security number. After relocation to Thailand, an immigrant is assigned to a local hospital that provides free medical services, including dental treatment.|
Relocation to Thailand Under a Partner Program: Exploring the Benefits
- Reduce stress and uncertainty
Many foreigners currently live and work in Thailand illegally or semi-legally, using a visa-free regime/tourist visa. The process of independent visa renewal causes them stress as they have to make visa runs (short trips outside Thailand) almost every month.
Non-tourist visa holders (e.g. education visa /Thai elite visa/ marriage visa) have no right to legally work in Thailand. Penalties for non-compliance include heavy fines and blacklisting.
Relocation to Thailand under a partner program helps digital experts avoid such pitfalls and barriers and freely live and work in the host state.
- Family relocation
A business visa to Thailand is individually granted only to an officially employed immigrant (a digital expert in this case). His/her spouse and children have the right to apply for Non-Immigrant O Visa Short Stay tied to a relative’s business visa.
The partner company prepares the documents required to process the relevant visas by dependants at no additional fee.
Dependants are not covered by the local social security system after relocation to Thailand, which means that additional medical insurance will be required.
- Tax residence
Digital nomads often move between countries without a local/permanent residence permit, so they cannot meet the residency requirement to obtain/change tax residence. They retain their original tax residence and perform administrative procedures back in their country.
Fiscal residency in the country of origin leads to problems, making it harder to interact with banks around the world.
Upon relocation to Thailand under a partner program, the digital nomad gets access to Thai tax residence after receiving a certificate.
- Social security card
A digital nomad relocated to Thailand without a business visa or work permit does not gain access to the local social security system, which is a source of quality and affordable health care. Relocation to Thailand under a partner program solves this problem.
- Direct path to permanent residence
Alternative visas (education/elite ones, etc.) do not open the way to permanent residence/citizenship, while the partner program does: its participants can apply for permanent residence after 3 consecutive extensions of a business visa issued for 1 year under the same work permit.
The applicant for permanent residence has to confirm a monthly income of ฿ 80,000 earned in Thailand (or ฿30,000 if the applicant has been married to a Thai citizen for 5 years). He/She can alternatively invest ฿ 3,000,000 to ฿ 10,000,000 in the local economy. In both cases, an interview will be required to confirm command of the Thai language.
A permanent residence permit gives you the right to stay in Thailand for a long term without a visa. However, you will have to file an application for re-entry after departure, or your permanent residence may be canceled.
- Other benefits
Relocation to Thailand under the partner program provides additional bonuses: access to low taxes and territorial tax system, affordable cost of goods and services, high quality of life, warm climate, and formalities quickly settled.
Financial Aspects of Relocation to Thailand Under a Partner Program
Consider the Service Packages Offered by the Partner Company
|Basic Service Package||Extended Service Package opening the way to permanent residence|
|Monthly invoice issued to the client; this amount is transferred to the partner company’s account||$2,500||$3,750|
|Social security taxes and fees||$115||$305|
|Net salary per person (net of taxes and fees) received by the client||$1,935/ ฿61,000||$2,995/ ฿96,000|
Salary to Be Accrued
|Billing||Payment of salary in Baht to the client’s Thai account||Payment of taxes and fees to the social security fund|
|The customer will be invoiced a minimum of $2,500 (depending on the partner company package selected) on the 21st day of the current month. The said amount is payable until the 27th day of the relevant month, inclusive.||Upon receipt of payment, the partner company deducts taxes, security and service fees, and pays the balance in Thai Baht (฿) to the customer’s account with the local bank.||The partner company transfers taxes and social security payments to the accounts of the relevant government agencies in accordance with legal requirements.|
Partner Company Payment Options
|International Bank Transfer||Payment Platform||Cryptocurrency|
|$ / SGD||Wise / Paxum||USD Coin / Ethereum|
More payment options coming soon!
Process of Relocation to Thailand Through a Local Partner
Apply for a business visa at the Thai embassy/consulate in the country of residence.