- UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Lending to Individuals at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Settlement Account for Individuals with UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Account Overdraft
- Payment Cards for Private Clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Remote Management of a Personal Account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Serbia is More Than Just a Bank Account!
- Opening a UniCredit Bank Account with a Personal Visit
A personal account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia will be especially interesting for those who appreciate the simplicity and speed of the bank account opening procedure. You will arrive in Serbia in person, visit the bank, and our representative will help you open an account in a matter of 1-2 hours!
Serbian banks willingly open personal accounts to both residents and non-residents.
Want to become a Serbian resident? There are two simple ways to do that:
Why become a Serbian resident? Well, this is an easy way to open a corporate account in the future along with your personal one: the former requires the bank to trust you more, which is easier to do if you have resident status. This is also a step to obtaining permanent residence in the country and, ultimately, towards citizenship. Becoming a Serbian citizen is almost equal to becoming an EU citizen as the state is on its way to acquiring full-fledged EU membership.
To be absolutely clear on this matter, Serbia is a candidate for EU membership, and it is expected to complete the procedure by 2025.
The country’s banking sector is regulated by the Bank of Serbia. There are about 30 commercial banks in Serbia, and 21 of them are owned by foreigners. The country has a state deposit protection program in place that covers deposits up to EUR 50,000.
UniCredit Bank in Serbia offers services in Serbian and English. Customers that are going to deposit assets amounting to EUR 500,000 or more are offered VIP service on special terms, including remote opening of an account with external asset management in the world’s largest banks (including those based in Switzerland, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the USA, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, etc.).
UniCredit Bank in Serbia
UniCredit Bank in Serbia is part of the UniCredit Group which serves clients throughout Central and Eastern Europe. The UniCredit Group was founded following the merger of several Italian banking groups in 1998.
UniCredit Bank in Serbia relies on a simple and successful European model of commercial banking, providing appropriate solutions to meet the real needs of its customers in the current situation.
In 2016, The Banker, a respected British financial magazine, honored UniCredit Bank as the Bank of the Year in Serbia.
FREE EXPERT CONSULTATION
with seasoned professionals on international
banking and where it is best to open
non-resident corporate accounts.
with seasoned professionals on international banking and where it is best to open non-resident corporate accounts.
Lending to Individuals at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
Individual clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia can get various types of loans, including:
- A loan in RSD (Serbian Dinar) with a fixed interest rate (from RSD 50,000 to RSD 950,000, with a repayment period from 6 to 60 months)
- A loan in RSD with insurance coverage (up to 3 million RSD, with a repayment period of up to 10 years)
- DinaCard, Flexia Mastercard® Credit Card, Mastercard® Platinum.
Settlement Account for Individuals with UniCredit Bank in Serbia
UniCredit Bank offers a Current Account Package that includes:
- A current account in RSD
- A current account in foreign currency
- A savings account
- A term deposit account
- Maestro or Visa Electron debit cards
- Telephone banking services
UniCredit Bank offers its private clients an overdraft service to resolve unforeseen financial problems.
Here are the main conditions of use:
- The maximum amount equals one monthly salary or pension
- No deposit or prepayment is required
- The repayment period is up to 36 months
- The overdraft service gives you the possibility of refinancing existing loans, overdrafts, and debts on credit cards
You can use the overdraft service free of charge. No nominal interest rate will be charged if the overdrawn amount does not exceed RSD 12,000.
Payment Cards for Private Clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia
The private customers of UniCredit Bank can choose the most suitable type of debit card to use:
- Maestro Debit card
- Visa Electron
- Visa Gold
UniCredit Bank also offers several types of prepaid cards.
Remote Management of a Personal Account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia
UniCredit Bank in Serbia provides various electronic services for remote account management.
The mBanking system provides 24/7 control of finances with the help of your smartphone.
The main advantages of mBanking include:
- fast and secure access to your bank account
- full control over your finances
- the ability to create payment orders from any place at any time, regardless of the bank’s working hours
- compatible with any mobile phone network
- it works when you are abroad, too
- it is automatically updated
The eBanking online banking platform allows you to easily and efficiently manage your account from anywhere in the world in 24/7 mode.
The main advantages of the eBanking platform are as follows:
- it saves your time: there is no need to visit the bank in person to make transactions or view your account balance
- it saves you money, too: you can make transactions at significantly lower prices
- the procedure of getting started with the platform is pretty straightforward
- it works for your convenience 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- it is accessible around the world — get connected to it from any place where the Internet access is available
- you can use a Serbian or an English version
UniCredit Bank’s new mToken service gives you the opportunity to fully control your finances via your mobile phone.
Take a look at the main advantages of mToken:
- it works in roaming
- it also works offline: there is no need for Internet connection
- you can create payment orders from any place of the globe, day or night, which saves your time
- you will not depend on the bank’s working hours
- you won’t need to carry an electronic device (token) with you: a mobile phone will be sufficient for all your needs
Serbia is More Than Just a Bank Account!
We recommend paying attention to obtaining the status of a Serbian resident by investment.
In fact, this is an easy way to take advantage of the following benefits:
- more favorable terms of cooperation with local banks (residents are always trusted more than non-residents, especially when it comes to business accounts)
- you become a resident in a country that is going to join the EU
- you will have good prospects of obtaining a second passport
The status of a Serbian resident can be combined with others – for example, you can also add a Panama passport to your collection.
A residence permit in Serbia is a good choice if you want to minimize political and social risks and optimize your current tax rates.
You can get a residence permit in Serbia by investing in a company or real estate. If you wish, you can become a tax resident of Serbia to make use of its double taxation treaties.
Opening a UniCredit Bank Account with a Personal Visit
- Once you have decided to open a personal account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia, please contact us at email@example.com to start the account opening procedure.
- Next, pay for professional assistance in opening a personal account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia. You can choose the payment method that suits you best: bank transaction, payment card, PayPal, WebMoney or Western Union. The cost of the service for non-residents starts from 3000 EUR if you agree to make a personal visit to Serbia. If not, you can open an account in some Serbian banks remotely by proxy, and in this case the cost of the service starts from EUR 3,800.
- The third step is to prepare the necessary documents. You will only need a passport and a residence card to open a personal account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia with a personal visit.
If you have a residence permit in the EU, you will also need documents confirming your tax residency status in one of the EU countries (for example, ID card).
If you are a citizen of one country residing in another one, you will also need documents to prove your residential address (for example, a rental agreement or a utility bill).
Bank forms are filled in by the bank directly on site. They are bilingual: you can select Serbian or English.
You will be accompanied by our company’s representative during your visit to the bank to make sure the procedure is completed successfully.
Note: you will need to agree the date and time of your visit to the bank with our professional no later than 10 working days before arrival!
No matter whether we are talking about a personal or a corporate account, one thing should be taken into consideration when you deal with Serbian banks: you will need to make several transactions before you become the bank’s permanent and reliable partner. These operations are always the most sensitive ones, and you should not get discouraged in any way if the bank decides to ask questions regarding any transaction or the bank representatives will try to contact you to clarify something.
We strongly recommend you to stay in touch with the bank in the first weeks and months, and it is crucial to provide answers within 24 hours. Otherwise, the bank will freeze your transaction, and a couple of such situations may well result in the account closure.
At the same time, we understand that there may be objective circumstances which make it impossible for you to respond quickly: vacation, illness of your loved ones, or force majeure in business.
Unfortunately, such reasons are no excuse for the bank. With that in mind, we offer you to appoint our Serbian office as a backup contact. If the bank has any questions and cannot reach you, it will contact our consultants and ask them to clarify the transaction details. In this case, we will help you resolve the dispute and preserve your perfect reputation with the bank.
You can request this service at the start, and it is free for the first few transactions which prove to be the most critical ones. If you decide not to order the service, make sure to constantly stay in touch with the bank to keep your account operational.
Take advantage of the best services in Serbia, and you will never regret it! Contact us now to open a personal account with UniCredit Bank or get Serbian residence by investment.