- UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Banking Services for Private Clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- E-banking at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Credit Lines for Individuals at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Deposits for Individuals in UniCredit Bank in Serbia
- Serbia is More Than Just a Good Jurisdiction to Open a Bank Account!
- Opening a Personal Account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia: Step-by-Step Procedure
Serbia is a stable European state with a good reputation, and it is a candidate for accession to the EU: it is expected to get EU membership in 2025 at the latest. We offer you the service of opening a personal account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia online, without a need to visit the bank in person.
If your assets exceed EUR/USD 500,000, we can offer you the option of opening an account with the world’s largest banks (in Switzerland, USA, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, UAE, etc.) with external asset management.
Serbian banks are ready to set up personal accounts for residents and non-residents alike, and they provide services in English and Serbian. The banking sector has a deposit insurance system in place, which covers deposits up to EUR 50,000.
If you are thinking of arranging a safe airfield, remember that becoming a resident in Serbia is still quite simple. You will need to invest in the country’s economy in one of the following two ways:
Obtaining Serbian residence will make it possible for you not just to open a personal account but will considerably simplify registering corporate accounts. You will also have legal grounds to permanently reside in Serbia and get an opportunity to become a Serbian citizen in the future (note that you will also acquire EU citizenship in the simplest way possible as the country is on the verge of joining the European Union!).
No matter whether we are talking about a personal or a corporate account, there is one peculiarity of working with Serbian banks that should be emphasized for you to know the rules of the game and play safe: you will need to complete at least several transactions successfully (and without raising any suspicions of the bank’s employees) before you become a permanent and reliable partner of the institution.
These initializing operations are always the most sensitive ones, and the bank may ask questions regarding any of them (including by calling you). The bank representatives may be quite active initially, and we encourage you to stay in touch in the first weeks and months. It is crucial to provide answers within 24 hours, or the bank may freeze your transaction. Several frozen operations may even entail closure of the account – but frankly, this does not happen very often if you respond adequately.
Still, the first transactions do require more attention on your part, and we understand that it may be inconvenient for busy people engaged in multiple tasks at once. There may also be objective circumstances which make it impossible for you to respond quickly, such as vacation, health problems, or force majeure that affects your business in any way.
Unfortunately, these reasons are no excuse for the bank: nothing personal, just business, you know. With that in mind, we offer the service of appointing our Serbian office as a point of contact. If the bank needs to get some additional information on the transaction but it failed to reach you, the representative will just contact our employees and ask them to provide the transaction details. And this is a simple and reliable way out that will ensure your good reputation with the bank.
We recommend ordering this convenient service at the start, when you need it most of all, and you will probably be glad to hear that it is free for the first few transactions which prove to be the most critical ones. If you still decide to manage by yourself, make sure to constantly stay in touch with the bank at the beginning of your partner relations to keep your account operational for many years to go.
UniCredit Bank in Serbia
UniCredit Bank is a successful international commercial bank that operates in Western, Central and Eastern Europe. It has adopted a simple and successful European model of commercial banking, and it allows UniCredit Bank to provide appropriate solutions that meet the real needs and preferences of today’s customers.
The Banker, a prestigious financial magazine, awarded UniCredit Bank as the “Bank of the Year in Serbia” at a ceremony in London held in 2016.
Last year, UniCredit Bank was able to further strengthen its leading position in Serbia by showing business growth both in the retail division and in the corporate and investment banking sector. This was facilitated by improved business process efficiency and customer satisfaction, as well as risk management and focus on attracting new customers.
Banking Services for Private Clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia
UniCredit Bank in Serbia offers a full range of traditional banking services to private clients, which include opening and maintaining a settlement account, a deposit account, using an overdraft, payment cards, and electronic account management solutions.
Selector Settlement Account
Here are the main advantages of the Selector settlement account that may be important to you:
- Straightforward account set-up procedure that will not take long
- State-of-the-industry banking products and services integrated into the main account
- An attractive price of the main package of services
- A possibility of combining products and services at the customer’s request
The main package of the Selector settlement account includes:
- A current account in RSD (Serbian dinar)
- A current account in foreign currency
- A savings account
- A fixed-term deposit account
- A Maestro debit card
- A Visa Electron debit card
- Services by phone
UniCredit Bank allows overdrawing to individuals who need to quickly resolve some unexpected financial issues.
The approved amount is available on your account at any time you may need to use it. Interest will only accrue on the amount used for as many days as you used the overdraft.
You can overdraw funds free of charge. If you use an overdraft amount not exceeding RSD 12,000, no nominal interest rate will be charged.
Payment Cards at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
Several types of debit cards are available to the clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia:
- Visa Electron
- Visa Gold
- Mastercard Debit
UniCredit Bank also offers Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards.
E-banking at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
Like any advanced bank, UniCredit Bank in Serbia offers a full range of account management possibilities with the help of various electronic solutions.
mBanking is a new service offered by UniCredit Bank, and it gives you the opportunity to fully control your finances via mobile phone. You can quickly and safely make your payments on the go. There are no restrictions, so you will have access to your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Use mBanking to:
- settle all types of payment orders
- check the account balance and transactions on all accounts (including credits)
- view information about payment debit and credit cards (data, transactions, obligations)
- convert currency (from foreign currency to RSD)
- find the nearest branch of the bank and/or ATM
- receive various useful information
mToken is another new solution proposed by UniCredit Bank that you can conveniently use in your smartphone to control your financial matters. Its peculiarity is the ability to work offline, so you will not need to connect to the Internet.
mToken will allow you to:
- log in to eBanking
- sign payment orders using a one-time password and a QR code
- change the app settings
The eBanking system is designed to take your comfort to a higher level. You will get the opportunity to manage your finances in the most efficient way from anywhere in the world, at any time convenient to you.
With eBanking provided by UniCredit Bank, you will be able to:
- ensure fast and easy communication with the bank
- view recent account activity
- easily move the funds between accounts
- make local payments
- execute payment orders for time deposits
- create payment orders for daily, weekly and monthly payments
Credit Lines for Individuals at UniCredit Bank in Serbia
You may be interested in credit services available to private clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia, and here is a list of them:
- a loan in RSD with a fixed interest rate
- a loan in RSD with insurance coverage
- a loan in RSD with variable interest rate
UniCredit Bank in Serbia also offers credit cards:
- Flexia MasterCard with a daily limit of RSD 240,000 and an annual interest rate of 22%
- MasterCard Platinum with a daily limit of RSD 480,000 and an annual interest rate of 22%
- DinaCard with a daily limit of RSD 80,000 and an annual interest rate of 24%
Deposits for Individuals in UniCredit Bank in Serbia
The private clients of UniCredit Bank in Serbia can have access to:
- fixed-term deposits
- savings accounts
- various types of insurance
Serbia is More Than Just a Good Jurisdiction to Open a Bank Account!
If you are interested in European citizenship, Serbia could be a good choice. You can invest in the Serbian economy in return for a residence permit – and get more favorable terms of cooperation with local banks as a bonus (let’s be honest: residents are always trusted more than non-residents). The next step after the resident permit is permanent residence, and then you finally get a passport as a full-fledged citizen.
Considering the country’s good prospects of joining the EU, you are highly likely to get European citizenship (not just Serbian!) in a few years. And this in no way limits you from obtaining other passports – for instance, a very popular Panamanian passport.
Residence permit in Serbia is a good choice if you seek to minimize political and social risks and benefit from lower tax rates.
You can become a business investor and set up a company in Serbia or invest in the existing one, or acquire real estate (that can be resold in a matter of 5 years) to quickly get a residence permit.
Serbia has a wide network of double taxation treaties, and you can become a Serbian tax resident to take advantage of them. Contact our specialists to get additional information.
Opening a Personal Account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia: Step-by-Step Procedure
- There is one thing which is indispensable to setting up an account, and this is your decision to open it! So this should be the first step.
- Contact our specialists at email@example.com
- Pay for our support in opening a personal account with UniCredit Bank in Serbia. You can do it by bank transaction, payment card, PayPal, WebMoney, or Western Union. The service will cost from 3000 EUR if you are a non-resident and you intend to visit UniCredit bank in person to register an account. However, the final cost will be assessed by our consultant on an individual basis depending on your case and compliance requirements.
- execution of a power of attorney
- translation of the power of attorney into Serbian (approx. EUR 20 per page)
- Prepare the required documents. These usually include a passport and a residence card, but our specialists will provide the exact list to you depending on your situation.
If you have a passport of one country and live in another one, you will need to submit all the documents that prove your residential address: for example, a lease agreement or utility bills.
The bank forms will be filled in by the bank on site, and they are provided in two languages: Serbian and English.
Your personal account in Serbia is closer than you imagine – just make the first step!