We invite you to consider the opportunity to set up an account with a Payment Service Provider (PSP) based in the Netherlands. You can have an account with a European IBAN and besides, you can order a plastic bankcard from the PSP. With International Wealth experts’ assistance, the account can be opened remotely. This is an easy and inexpensive way to get access to the European banking system and start using all the advantages that it offers.
You can use the account for paying for various goods and services. In addition to that, you can accept payments to the account from all parts of the world. This opportunity may be of interest to you if you are a blogger or an influencer. What is more, you can also set up a corporate account with the Dutch PSP. Online and mobile banking opportunities are readily available too.
Please apply for our professional assistance if you would like to set up a European bank account without leaving the comfort of your home. Whether you need a personal or a corporate bank account, we will help you find a traditional bank, a neobank, or a payment system that will meet all your expectations.
Advantages of the Dutch PSP and opportunities that it offers
Opening a bank account in Europe has become a challenging task for non-Europeans. There are more accessible alternatives, however: you can set up an account with a Dutch payment system thus acquiring an account with a European IBAN. Basically, you can set up a European bank account from home! The Fintech company located in the Netherlands is a reliable partner who is not going to make you pay through the nose for the services that it provides.
Benefits that the Dutch PSP offers to non-resident customers
The main benefits that you will find if you set up an account with the Dutch PSP include the following ones:
- An account with an IBAN that starts with ‘NL’.
- International SWIFT payments.
- The following payment methods are available: SEPA, Wire, ACH, and US Check.
- Customer support, company website, and online banking applications are in English.
- You can manage your account remotely via the Internet and mobile devices.
- You can acquire a pay card.
What makes the Dutch PSP truly unique is the low service charges. You don’t have to pay any account opening fee and neither do you have to have any money on your account to keep it going.
The Netherlands-based PSP does not use its clients’ money. Rather, it keeps the money with partner banks. Among many other things that you can do with the help of the Dutch PSP is registering a domain name. If you choose to use this opportunity, your personal information will remain highly confidential.
Conditions for opening a personal account in the Netherlands
A foreign national above 18 years of age is entitled to open a non-resident account in the Netherlands. Citizens of most countries are welcome to apply. The client identification procedures are carried out online and thus no personal visit to the Netherlands is required to open a bank account there. This holds both for personal and for corporate accounts.
You can open an account in more than one national currency. If a transfer is made in a currency that is different from the account currency, the company will convert the currencies automatically.
Documents required for setting up an account with the Dutch PSP
If you would like to set up an account with the Dutch payment system and then obtain a MasterCard, you have to submit the following application documents (in English):
- A scan copy of your passport, driving license, or any other national identification document;
- A proof of residential address.
The list of application documents ends here but you will also have to prove that you’re a human, not a chat bot. You’ll have to pass a few tests that the software application is going to offer.
Please note that the PSP reserves the right to request some additional documents and information. It also reserves the right to deny services to the applicant who supplies false information or who violates the terms of services.
To find out if a certain foreign bank is prepared to provide services to you, you should make use of our PRE-APPROVAL service. You can file applications for preapproval to several banks at a time.
You may face difficulties when setting up an account with the Dutch PSP if you have connections with offshore business or if you come from a sanctioned country. If this is the case, your application for services will be considered on an individual basis.
Please note that bloggers, website owners, and other entrepreneurs involved in adult material production and/ or trade are eligible to apply for banking services to the Dutch PSP.
A personal account with the Dutch PSP: the tariffs
Please note that if you want to have a European business account, you can set one up with the Dutch PSP too. You are welcome to apply for our professional assistance in the matter.
The following fees and commissions are going to apply if you open a personal account with the Dutch payment system in 2023:
- Account opening – free.
- Account closure – free.
- Incoming euro payments of < 10,000 euros – free.
- Incoming euro payments of > = 10,000 euros from you own account – € 0.75.
- Incoming euro payments of > = 10,000 euros from somebody else’s account – 0.5%.
- Incoming payments in a currency other than the euro of < 10 000 euros (equivalent) – € 25.00.
- Incoming payments in a currency other than the euro of > = 10 000 euros (equivalent) from you own account – € 25.00.
- Incoming payments in a currency other than the euro of > = 10 000 euros (equivalent) from somebody else’s account – 0.5%.
- Correction of transaction details – € 10.
- Internal transactions (between different accounts with the PSP) – free.
- Outgoing euro payments – € 0.75.
- SWIFT transactions – € 25.00.
Please feel free to enquire about other fees and commissions with our experts.
Debit cards for non-residents from the Dutch PSP
When you set up an account with the Dutch payment system, you can immediately order a debit MasterCard that you can use for payments all over the world.
MasterCard maintenance fees and commissions for foreigners are as follows:
- Card issuance – free.
- Annual card maintenance fee – € 29.50.
- EUR withdrawal from any ATM – € 2.
- Withdrawal in a currency other than the euro – € 2 plus the currency conversion rate.
- Payments in online and offline shops – free.
- Payment revocation – € 0.75.
- Balance request at an ATM – € 0.75.
- Change of PIN code – € 2.00.
- Card delivery with a courier – from € 50.
Debit cards cannot be delivered to some countries with a courier. Please inquire with our experts if you are eligible to order courier delivery.
How a non-resident of the EU can open an account with the Dutch payment system
Setting up an account with the Dutch PSP remotely is not as easy as squeezing a lemon. You have to complete the application form in a proper way and pass through the KYC procedures. Please request complex support in account opening from our experts to ensure that the process goes smoothly.
You will have to take to following steps to set up an account in the Netherlands with our professional assistance:
- Discuss your needs and preferences with our experts to determine the range of banking services that you are going to apply for.
- Cover the cost of our services in any way that you choose (bank transfer, credit card, transfer through a payment system, crypto payment, etc.).
- We will provide online consultations to you on filling out the application forms, passing through the client identification procedures, ordering a debit card from the Dutch PSP, and so on.
- Then you will have to sign the application documents and our specialists will help you complete the account opening procedure.
Do you have any questions remaining? Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you do! You are welcome to send us an email or use the popup chat box.
Can a foreigner open a bank account in the Netherlands?
The payment system that we recommend is registered in the Netherlands and it is prepared to provide banking services to non-residents of the EU. Services may be denied to citizens of sanctioned countries.
How much does it cost to set up a personal account with the Dutch payment system?
The Dutch PSP that we promote here opens accounts free of charge. If you want to close the account one day, no fee is going to be charged either.
Can I open an account with the European PSP remotely?
Yes, you can. You can submit scanned copies of the application documents and go through the client identification procedures online.