As the fight for tax transparency gathers momentum and international regulators tighten their requirements to the banks, it becomes hard to find a financial institution that would be ready to open an account for a non-resident remotely. One of the few such banks is one of the largest banks in the Republic of Macedonia. We would like to offer you our professional assistance in opening your private bank account in Macedonia remotely.
Warning! The bank does not work with clients from Uzbekistan, as well as from Iran, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), Angola, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, São Tomé e Príncipe.
The bank does not require a minimum deposit or account balance for opening the account.
The bank communicates with the clients in English and Macedonian.
Information on the Macedonian Bank
The bank has been operating under the current name since May 2016. The original name of the bank that was founded in 1993 was different.
The main principles of the bank’s operations are prudence and respect. The bank strives to offer its clients top quality banking services, relying on the most important modern aspects of banking.
It is a dynamic and modern European bank that meets the requirements of the market and the needs of its clients.
Services for Private Clients
Private clients of the bank are offered the following services:
- Payment cards;
- My Payroll transaction account for salaries and pensions;
- Internal payment transactions;
- International payment transactions;
- Online banking;
- Mobile banking;
- Safe deposit boxes.
Deposits with the Macedonian Bank
Private clients of the bank can choose from a wide selection of different types of deposits, in particular:
- Deposit in Macedonian dinars, demand, fixed-term or target;
- Deposit in foreign currency, demand or fixed-term;
- Children’s savings account, the down payment is from 1,000 MKD or EUR 15;
- 12 months’ deposit with monthly interest payment, down payment from EUR 2,500/MKD 150,000, interest rate of 1.65% for MKD deposits, 1.2% for EUR deposits;
- 24 months’ deposit with monthly interest payment, down payment from EUR 2,500, interest rate of 2.5% for MKD deposits, 1.7% for EUR deposits;
- Deposit with an instant access to interest payments, down payment from EUR 5,000/MKD 300,000, interest rate of 1.5% for MKD deposits for 12 months, 1.0% for EUR deposits for 12 months;
- Progressive deposit for 12 months, interest rate increases each month up to 3.5% for deposits in MKD and up to 2.5% in EUR, down payment from EUR 500/MKD 30,000;
- An open savings account, a combination of high interest rates and flexible terms and conditions, access to your funds at any time, down payment of 350 EUR/MKD 20,000;
- Fixed-term deposit for 25 months provides an opportunity to choose when the interest is paid (monthly or at the end of the term), the down payment is from EUR 250/MKD 15,000, the interest rate depends on your choice of the payment time.
Loans for Private Clients
The bank offers its clients the following types of loans:
- Consumer loan;
- Housing loan/mortgage;
- Car loan.
Payment Cards of the Macedonian Bank
The Macedonian bank offers easy-to-use, secure and practical bank cards for everyday payments:
- The Point American Express card is accepted in more than 200 countries, withdrawals are available from more than 550,000 ATMs around the world. The card as an attractive bonus system;
- The American Express Green credit card has grace period up to 50 days, the minimum monthly repayment of 5%, flexible credit limits;
- The American Express Gold credit card ensures customized service of the highest level around the world, a grace period of up to 50 days, insurance (including travel insurance), an attractive bonus program;
- The Visa Electron Point debit card has no annual maintenance fee, no fee for withdrawing cash from ATMs of the bank that issued the card. This credit cards also gives you an opportunity of getting the American Express credit card.
Securities at the Macedonian Bank
The bank’s private and corporate clients can enjoy the opportunity of entering both the primary and secondary securities market:
- The primary securities market is regulated by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Macedonia and involves participation in auctions for the issuance of government treasury bills and government bonds;
- The secondary securities market includes transactions of purchasing or selling already issued government treasury bills and government bonds.
International Payment Transactions at the Macedonian Bank
Since its founding in 1993, the bank has the right to carry out the international payment transactions. The bank’s clients are both Macedonian residents as well as non-residents, along with the local and foreign banks.
The main instruments of foreign payment transactions are:
- Payment orders (incoming and outgoing);
Foreign payments are made via the SWIFT (KRSKMK2X) network.
Online Banking at the Macedonian Bank
Thanks to the online banking system, the bank’s private clients can make any day-to-day financial transactions and receive the account balance information. Online banking is available anywhere where there is access to the Internet. You can control your account 24/7.
The bank also provides a high level of the bank account and the client’s data protection.
Mobile Banking at the Macedonian Bank
The bank’s mobile app, available for Android and iOS, also provides easy and fast access to clients’ bank accounts. Having installed the app, the bank’s clients will be able to:
- View their account and loans information;
- Check their balance and monitor the use of banking products;
- Pay their bills;
- Make free internal payments;
- Get information on the exchange rate;
- Find the nearest bank’s branch or ATM.
Procedure for Opening a Private Account with the Bank in the Republic of Macedonia
In order to open a private account with the bank in the Republic of Macedonia, you will need to take three simple steps:
- Seek professional assistance offered by our experts by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay for the professional assistance in opening your private bank account in Macedonia. Payments can be made by card, bank transfer, Western Union transfer or via WebMoney or PayPal payment systems. The cost of this service will be from 2999 EUR and is to be estimated by our expert on an individual basis taking into account the details of your case and compliance.
- Please have the necessary documents prepared:
- Filled out, printed, signed and notarized bank forms for opening a bank account;
- Notarized copy of your passport.
Note: all the documents must be translated into English and notarized. –
Your account will be opened remotely after all the original documents are submitted to the bank. Documents issued by an official government agency or institution must be apostilled. For other papers, notarization will be sufficient.
The account is usually opened within 3 working days upon submission of all the necessary papers.
For more information, please feel free to email us to: email@example.com.