With a global fight to increase tax transparency and tighten banking regulations on the rise and both national and international regulators getting ever more tight and regimented as to the rules and policies they apply, fewer and fewer financial institutions are prepared to open bank accounts for non-residents remotely. The Macedonia bank that the International Wealth consultants suggest you set up an account with is one of the few such institutions offering corporate and personal account setup for both residents and non-residents. Alongside this, you are free to rent a deposit box therewith to store valuables, documents, and securities, or enjoy other banking services, including online banking.
Assisted by the International Wealth professionals, you will have a personal account with the Macedonia bank seamlessly set up for you as a VIP customer, with minimum requirements and favorable terms to enjoy. The service is available to non-resident companies and entities. For more information, please contact the International Wealth experts.
Important information for those about to set up personal account with Macedonia bank remotely
Assisted by the International Wealth profs in the sphere of banking, you will have a personal account with the Macedonia bank set up for you remotely. Your personal presence in the bank is not required therefor. To pick the right servicing bank and jurisdiction for that matter, you are welcome to study the current rates offered by the Macedonia bank and seek professional advice from the International Wealth experts.
Please mind that Macedonia banks do not service customers listed below:
- individuals included in the corresponding UNO, EU, or US sanction lists like the one drawn up by the OFAC as well as those prepared by local public authorities
- clients that never had their personality identified and/or submitted enough info to evaluate their general profile
- wanna-be customers from Syria, North Korea, Iran, and Vanuatu
- persons engaged in restricted activities like arms trading, financial services, insurance services, gambling, and the like, and/or having no correspondent permission from the regulators therefor .
NB: with non-resident bank customers, only EUR transactions are processed. No incoming or outgoing transactions via payment systems are possible in their case.
Services for retail bank customers in Macedonia
Below, you will find the bank services the Macedonia bank offers to its retail customers:
- payment cards
- My Payroll transaction account to credit pensions and salaries thereto
- domestic payments
- international payments
- online banking
- mobile banking
- safe deposit boxes.
Deposits with Macedonia bank
In Macedonia bank, retail customers are free to choose from a variety of deposit types:
- MKD deposits – demand, fixed-term, and special ones
- deposits in hard currency – demand or fixed-term ones
- savings accounts for children
- 12-month deposits with monthly interest payments
- deposits with instant access to interest payments
- 12-month progressive deposits
- savings accounts with high interest rates, flexible terms, and 24/7 instant access to funds
- 25-month fixed-term deposits with an opportunity to select interest payment options (monthly interest payments or interest payment at the expiry of the deposit term), etc.
FYI: for Macedonia bank tariffs, please, refer to the table below.
Loans for resident and non-resident retail customers
Macedonia bank customers can apply for both personal account setup and a loan receipt. In Macedonia, banks come with the following loan types for their customers:
- consumer loans
- residential loans
- automobile loans.
In 2022, bank tariffs and terms for non-resident customers in Macedonia changed. For more information, please consider consulting the International Wealth seasoned professionals.
Financial institutions in Macedonia offer safe, secure, and user-friendly bank cards for their customers to make daily payments:
- Point American Express – accepted in over 200 jurisdictions, the Point American Express bank card allows its users to withdraw funds in over 550,000 ATMs worldwide and boasts a beneficial bonus system
- American Express Green – the credit card comes with a grace period of up to 50 days, minimum monthly amortization of 5%, and flexible loan limits
- American Express Gold – the card guarantees a premium customized service to its holders and comes with a 50-day grace period and a bonus program
- Visa Electron Point debit card.
For up-to-date info as to bank cards issued by Macedonia banks, please, contact the International Wealth consultants. FYI: Anonymous China UnionPay Multi-Currency Card (EUR) remains the top choice with globetrotters.
Macedonia bank retail and corporate customers may enter both primary and secondary securities markets:
- In Macedonia, the primary securities market is regulated by the Macedonia Ministry of Finance. It affords an opportunity to take part in auctions for state treasury bills and government bonds issue.
- In the secondary securities market, Macedonia residents and non-residents make sale and purchase transactions with issued state treasury bills and government bonds.
FYI: the Macedonia bank offers non-resident companies and overseas businesses to set up accounts therewith on beneficial terms. For the above purpose, the latter are welcome to message the International Wealth consultants with the corresponding request. Alternatively, feel free to use the contact info above to do it.
The Macedonia bank has both residents and non-residents, as well as domestic and overseas banks for customers. Below, main instruments to make overseas payment transactions (both incoming and outgoing) are listed:
- remittance or money orders
International payments are made via SWIFT (KRSKMK2X). They come with additional fees and tariffs. For further details, please, take a look at the table below.
Online banking in Macedonia
With online banking in place, retail customers of Macedonia banks enjoy an opportunity to make any day-to-day financial transactions and request their account balances. Online banking is accessible anywhere if the place has an Internet connection and you can use your smartphone with a corresponding app for that matter. Feel free to manage your account 24/7 – your personal data and account info are well-protected with the Macedonia bank.
This is what you can do using the Macedonia bank’s mobile app for Android and iOS:
- view account and loan info
- check account balances and monitor bank product use
- pay bills and invoices
- make domestic transfers for no charge
- receive exchange rate info
- locate bank outlets or ATMs closest to you.
Here are the online banking fees charged by the Macedonia bank:
- access to e-banking and mobile banking – EUR 150
- password re-issue – EUR 4
- reissue of lost KIBS digital certificates (for legal entities) – EUR 16 + 18% VAT
- unlocking passwords – no charge.
FYI: in the Macedonia bank, VIP retail customers may rent safe deposit boxes. To get access to yours, you will have to make a corresponding deposit, with the amount thereof depending on safe deposit box dimensions: 7.80х25.50х61.10 – EUR , 13.10х25.50х61.10 – EUR 150, and 26.50х25.50х61.10 – EUR 200.
Personal account maintenance and other rates and tariffs with Macedonia bank
In the table below, you will find the rates, tariffs, terms, and requirements for overseas retail and corporate customers of the Macedonia bank. For any questions you may have left, you are welcome to message the International Wealth consultants who will get back to you with detailed data and info on the matter in next to no time.
|TARIFFS FOR NON-RESIDENT VIP-CUSTOMERS|
|Account opening with Macedonia bank|
|Non-refundable registration fee, including charges for setting up the 1st currency account||EUR 1000|
|Account setup fee||EUR 200 per account and currency|
|Account maintenance fee with Macedonia bank|
|Monthly account maintenance fee with Macedonia bank (for non-dormant accounts)||EUR 50 to EUR 100 per month|
|Maintenance of accounts blocked due to no turnover thereon for over 2 years or due to outdated supporting documents||EUR 25 per month|
|Bank account closure|
|If requested by the customer or following the bank’s resolution||up to EUR 5000|
|Under the legislation in place or following the Bank’s internal regulations (no account turnover for over 2 years or zero balances theron)||no charge|
|Deposits to customer’s own accounts||0.1% to 5% of transaction amount|
|Incoming payments||EUR 1 to EUR 500,000 or its equivalent – 0.5%
EUR 500,000 or its equivalent – 0.3%
|Outgoing international or domestic money transfers||0.75% (with minimum transfer amount of EUR 300) + zero correspondent bank fees for accounts with minimum annual balance of EUR 1,000,000 or its equivalent|
|Intrabank transfers||no charge|
|Payment order amendments||EUR 100|
You are welcome to take a look at the banking tariffs for corporate customers in Macedonia listed in the International Wealth article at the link below.
Corporate or personal account setup with Macedonia bank
Feel free to set up a personal account with the Macedonia bank in 3 easy steps:
- Contact the International Wealth professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the International Wealth fees for assistance with personal account setup. At International Wealth, we accept bank transfers, card payments, Western Union money transfers, or WebMoney, PayPal, and cryptocurrency payments. Our fees make EUR 2999 EUR on average, with the exact fee determined by the International Wealth consultant on a case-by-case basis and in line with the applicable compliance requirements.
- Prepare the required documents:
- completed, printed out, signed,and notarized bank forms necessary to set up a personal bank account with the Macedonia bank
- notarized passport copy (with the holder’s full name and residential address).
NB: the above documents shall be translated into English and notarized. If the notary is not willing to notarize your passport copy, have it translated into English by a certified translator, add it to the original copy (the passport page with the holder’s photo and signature), and have it notarized.
At International Wealth, we open personal accounts with the Macedonia bank for our customers remotely after you have submitted the required original documents to the bank. The documents issued by official state agencies shall be apostilled. Any other document copies shall be notarized.
Assisted by the International Wealth seasoned industry profs, you’ll have a personal account with the Macedonia bank set up for you in next to no time. For more info as to foreign bank accounts in other jurisdictions we encourage you to contact the International Wealth consultants.