We would like to offer you a great opportunity of opening a foreign bank account in Saint Lucia remotely, without having to visit the island. It is an excellent chance to open a foreign bank account without leaving your country of residence and protect your assets at the international level.
Saint Lucia is an island nation of the same name, located in the Leeward Islands in the West Indies between the islands of Martinique and St. Vincent. The country is washed by the Caribbean See and the Atlantic Ocean.
It is a truly beautiful place with dense rainforests that can also offer top-class conditions for protecting your capital. Saint Lucia is specialized in tourism and offshore services. The island is also involved in the agricultural production and successfully grows bananas, coconuts, mangoes, cocoa, citrus fruit, grapes and sugar cane.
The bank reports to the Department of the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Saint Lucia and the East Caribbean Central Bank. The bank carries out all its operations in full compliance with the international banking practices, and has correspondent relations with numerous financial institutions around the world.
The bank offers investment opportunities to its clients based on financial and investment relations with the safest and most well-respected banks in Europe and the USA.
The bank is a subsidiary of the ECFH (East Caribbean Financial Holding Company Limited). ECFH is a publicly traded company that is listed on the East Caribbean Securities Exchange, and is the leading financial group in Saint Lucia. ECFH also has a banking license which you can find in the group’s home page should you wish to do so.
Reliability and stability of the group corresponds to the high quality of financial products and services provided by ECFH. The group’s shareholders are the Government of Saint Lucia, the Republic Bank Limited, and a consortium of five indigenous banks and financial institutions of the OECS, the National Insurance Corporation (Saint Lucia), while the remaining 30% is owned by more than 4,000 individual and corporate investors from all over the Caribbean region.
The bank is part of the ECFH Group and is ready to offer you an extended range of services in the banking and financial sectors, i.e. the following:
- Being your efficient and professional financial services provider, including general insurance, offshore and local banking.
- Promoting and enhancing your savings.
- Financing your commercial and private loans as well as loans aimed at your development.
- Developing the most relevant financial products and services to satisfy the demands of the economy.
- Promoting economic development.
- Promoting the emerging capital market growth.
- Promoting business development and so on.
The bank in Saint Lucia can offer its clients the multi-language support, but the main language is English,since this language is also the main language of business communication in Saint Lucia. At the bank, you can also get service in Spanish and French, Portuguese and German, if necessary.
Opening of a Private Bank Account
The bank would like to offer the opening of private accounts remotely to all of its potential clients. The period of account opening takes 5 to 7 days after the bank receives all the necessary documents.
The minimum deposit amount for opening an account is as follows:
The bank does not require any minimum deposit to open an account, but it is recommended to deposit USD 1,500.
The minimum account balance amount:
The minimum account balance must be about USD 5,000.
Multicurrency deposit account
The bank holds the most reliable and well-respected correspondent accounts and has the best financial and investment partners, which allows the bank to offer very competitive terms and conditions for opening multicurrency deposit accounts.
At the moment, the bank in Saint Lucia offers deposit accounts in 15 currencies, which allows to avoid converting the account balance into the main currency of the account once the account is credited. Multicurrency payments are made via the international SWIFT system, and all payments are made within 24 hours.
SWIFT offers multicurrency deposit accounts in the following currencies:
The initial deposit amount usually starts from USD 25,000.00 or its equivalent. The deposit term can amount to 30, 60, 90, 190, 270, and up to 365 days. The rate will depend on the deposit term, the interest will not be taxed in Saint Lucia.
Multi-currency accounts offered by the bank in Saint Lucia are excellent not only for the international trading companies, international financial service providers and other businesses and ventures. These accounts will suit anyone who needs a multi-currency account.
Online Banking in Saint Lucia
The bank offers online banking with the possibility to access your money within 24 hours from abroad. You will be able to check your account balance and make transactions from any part of the world.
All account holders get access to a secure messaging system that ensures communication with the bank and reduces the need for using email that can create a risk when transmitting confidential account management directions.
Safe and secure access to your account will be ensured by a special device called TOKEN that is given to all of the bank’s clients.
Credit Cards Issued by the Bank in Saint Lucia
As the bank’s client, you can become a credit card holder. The cards are issued by the sister bank in Saint Lucia. The bank will get your application, after which it will transfer it to its service bank in Saint Lucia on your behalf.
Your application will be processed in about a week. Before you apply for a credit card, all of your accounts to which your credit card will be linked must be replenished with a security deposit amount or more. After that the bank will forward you your card with the FedEx courier service to the address you specified.
Main Features and Requirements for Acquiring Credit Cards:
- All credit cards must have a guarantee deposit of 125% of the credit limit.
- All cards are issued in USD only.
- When filling out the credit cards application, you must specify the credit limit of the card and its type.
- VISA or MasterCard are available as personal cards. Corporate cards are VISA only.
- Annual card maintenance fee is as follows: USD 00.00 for personal cards; USD 150.00 for corporate cards.
- Statement on the cards will be provided monthly by the sister bank in Saint Lucia. Further on you will be able to get its copy in the PDF format by email.
- Your card will be completely covered from your account balance every month.
- The bank can replenish your card for you, this service costs USD 00.00.
- If your cards gets closed, the balance will be transferred to your settlement account within 150 days. It is necessary to cover all the possible card expenses that could be delayed.
- Should the card lack enough money, the required amount of indebtedness can be written off from your guarantee account.
- The interest of 0.30% is accrued on the amount exceeding USD 10,000.00 if the amount is in the guarantee account.
- You will get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) after you got your credit card.
Credit cards can be used in the ATMs for cash withdrawals.
The daily limit for cash withdrawals is USD 2,000.00 per day within a transaction of USD 1,000.00.
The weekly limit is 5 withdrawals a week of the total amount of USD 5,000.00.
Credit Card Fees
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs||USD 12.00 or 2.5% (which is more) of the transaction amount|
|POS (Point of Sale) terminal transaction||Free of charge|
|Card interest rate||1.625% per month|
|Prepaid Credit Cards|
|Cash withdrawal||Maximum USD 1,000 per withdrawal (USD 2,000.00 a day);|
|Cash withdrawals within 7 days||The maximum amount is USD 5,000|
|Prepaid Card Fees|
|New card||USD 10.00|
|Extra card||USD 8.00|
|Card replacement||USD 15.00|
|Card extension||USD 7.00|
|Card crediting fee||USD 15.00|
|Cash withdrawal||USD 2.50|
|POS (Point of Sale) terminal transaction||USD 1.00|
Procedure of Opening a Private Bank Account in Saint Lucia:
- Next, you will need to pay for our professional assistance in opening your private bank account in Saint Lucia, which you can do with your card, via PayPal, Western Union, WebMoney or a bank transaction. The service cost starts from 2999 EUR.
- After that we will move on to collecting and preparing the information that is required for getting your account opened.
You should provide the following documents to get your account opened:
- Filled out, printed and signed copies of the bank forms for opening the account;
- Notarized copy of your travel passport (pages with your photo and signature).
- Proofs of residence (utility bills);
Translated and notarized copy of a utility bill or a bank account statement to confirm your residence address.
Note: This document must be no older than 2 months by the time the registration package is submitted, and must be translated into English and notarized. –
- You will be also asked to present a reference letter from a professional;
Reference letters must be no older than 3 months and issued by those financial institutions with which the client has had relations for at least 2 years. It should also describe the type and status of these relations. Reference letters can be written by your banker, lawyer or accountant.
Note: all the documents must be translated into English and notarized.
The bank in Saint Lucia can be your reliable and trusted partner. For more information, please feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us you would like to open a private bank account in Saint Lucia.