What could be more tempting and attractive than the Caribbean islands? It can only be the banking sector of this region! The Offshore Pro Group presents its clients the opportunity of remotely opening a corporate foreign bank account with the South American Bank Curacao N. V. (SAI BANK). We will be happy to assist you in opening this account for your company in particular, as well as in selecting a foreign bank account that would ideally fit your current goals.
The bank we are talking about is situated in the Caribbean. But with our help you will not have to visit Curacao to open your account. Curacao lies in the southern part of the Caribbean Sea, 80 km off the coast of Venezuela, and is part of the group of Lesser Antilles.
The Caribbean paradise of Curacao was discovered in 1499 by the Spanish explorer Alonso de Ojeda. There are several legends of how the island got its name. According to one of the legends, when Ojeda reached the shores of Curacao with his sailors, a huge part of his crew was at death’s door due to scurvy, and the explorer decided to leave the dying men on the island, and continue exploring the shores of South America further on. However, on his way back, Ojeda discovered that all seriously sick sailors had recovered thanks to vitamin C contained in large amounts in the local plants. That is why Ojeda called the island “Curacao”, which derives from the old Portuguese word that means “healing.”
According to another version, Curacao comes from the Spanish word for the heart, “corazon,” thanks to the Portuguese map-makers. But, one way or another, this island is exquisitely captivating thanks to its beauty and advantageous location, washed by the warm Caribbean waters.
With the discovery of Curacao by Ojeda, the island was taken over by Spain. After the Spaniards who left the island because of the lack of water, there came the Dutch who were smarter in this matter, so the settled in Curacao.
Starting form the 17th century, thousands of slaves were brought to the island. Slavery existed in Curacao for two centuries. And in 1863, slavery finally was abolished, and the islanders began a new life.
As for modern history, until October 2010, Curacao was part of the Netherlands Antilles, and now enjoys the status of a self-governing state with a considerable autonomy (status aparte) within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The Government of the Netherlands is responsible for the defense and foreign policy of their Caribbean island, Curacao.
Modern Curacao is an attractive jurisdiction that is on the OECD’s white list and has a stable economic and political system. It can also offer competitive financial services in the world market.
We invite you to look at Curacao from the perspective of its banking sector and in particular the financial institution called the South American International Bank Curacao N. V. (SAI BANK).
SAI BANK is an internationally licensed bank that willingly works with the clients from all over the world and offers an extensive list of banking products that we will talk about further.
The bank offers you to open a foreign bank account in Curacao, as it is a great opportunity to diversify your funds and take advantage of the opportunities in this country. Curacao is a reliable jurisdiction not only because of its political system, but also because of such factors as the local currency being pegged to the U.S. dollar, a complete guarantee of bank secrecy, and legal protection in accordance with the laws of Curacao.
If you decide to open a bank account with the SAI BANK and use the checks issued by this bank, then you can rest assured that any the banks of the world will be able to serve you and seamlessly cash these checks. The bank also accepts and processes payments from all over the world thanks to its network of correspondent banks.
The bank’s e-services also deserve special mentioning. Any client of the bank can use them. For example, they include a reliable and modern Internet banking, as well as the use of a coding device, a token, for safe transactions and payments online.
Savings Account in US Dollars/Euro
SAI BANK, in addition to the settlement account offers all of its clients to become holders of a savings account in U.S. dollars or euros. This is a great opportunity to accumulate and keep your funds outside Europe, thus diversifying your assets.
Thanks to SAI BANK having correspondent banks around the world, you can quickly and easily top up your account in the Caribbean, and get very attractive interest rates. The rates, as in the case with all other banks of the world, will depend on the amount of your savings. You can get advice on this matter via the SAI BANK Online Banking system. Bank managers will consider your wishes and the opportunities available and you offer an interest rate on your savings account in USD/EUR in line with the global financial markets.
What is important is that your savings will not be taxed when you receive interest on your savings account.
The SAI BANK would like to offer the opportunity of investing in such a financial product as deposits. The minimum deposit term is 30 days. Throughout this period you will be able to earn a certain yield on your investment. However, if you want to earn more, you will have to open a deposit for a longer period.
You will be able to choose the period when you are paid interest on the deposit. These payments will go to your settlement account, subject to complete confidentiality.
Deposits can be opened by both private and corporate clients. Therefore, together with the standard deposits, the SAI BANK also offers everyone the opportunity to place their funds for the overnight period of 1 to 7 days.
USD Deposit Rates
As of April 2019, the bank offers opening deposits for a period of 3 months, 6 months and also 12 months. So, it is important to decide about the period, the amount and the currency. U.S. dollar deposits yield a better interest compared to the ones in euros. If you are interested in placing your funds with the bank for a certain period of time, please feel free to email us, we will contact the bank and calculate the rate for your case specifically. Here you can find an example of the deposit of 10,000 and 100,000.
|Rate if the amount is in USD||Rate if the amount is in EUR|
|Deposit amount 10,000||2%||1%|
|Deposit amount 100,000||2.5%||1%|
SAI BANK issues VISA debit cards to its clients. Having become a corporate credit card holder, you will be able enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive annual interest rate;
- 24-hour customer service;
- 24-hour tracking of illegal transactions with your card;
- Travel accident insurance, insurance during car rental, etc.;
- Easy and convenient access to the information on your account 24/7;
- Hard-copy or digital bank statement for each month.
How Do I Open a Corporate Account with the SAI BANK in Curacao?
1. The first and the main step to take in this direction will be your intention to become the holder of a corporate account with the SAI BANK. You would need to contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org for the professional advice on opening your bank account.
2. In accordance with the service agreement, you will need to pay a fee for the services to be provided and the assistance in getting your corporate bank account with the SAI BANK opened. You can do that with a card, via PayPal, Western Union, WebMoney, or make a banking transaction. The product cost is 3999 EUR.
3. After that we will move on to collecting and preparing the information that is required for getting your account opened.
You should provide the following documents to get your account opened:
For ALL beneficiary account holders, signatories, directors, nominees, company officials:
- Filled out, printed and signed copies of the bank papers for opening an account;
- Notarized copies of travel passports of the Authorized Person and the Attorney Holder (if any), of all Directors/Managing Directors/Owners of the Company or other appropriate Identification Document (pages with photo and signature).
- Proof of residence (utility bills);
Notarized copy of utility bills or original utility bills or bank statements of the Authorized Person and the Attorney Holder (if any), of all Directors/Managing Directors/Owners of the Company to confirm their addresses of residence.
Note: This document must be no older than 3 months by the time the account-opening package is submitted, and it must be translated into English and notarized. –
- Reference letter from your bank and from a professional (notary, certified accountant, etc.)
Reference letters must be no older than 3 months and issued by financial institutions with which the client has had relations for at least 2 years. It should also describe the type and status of these relations.
For a Company:
- Notarized copy of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of Good Standing (if the company has been operating for more than one year).
- Notarized copy of the General Meeting Minutes and the Articles of Association of the legal entity/structure/operating agreement and the Memorandum of Association or By-Laws.
- Register of the Company’s Directors and/Shareholders.
- Notarized copy of the Share Certificate (if the company has registered shares); the Trust Declaration (if the company has a corporate shareholder(s).
- Appointment of directors as founders of the company (A copy of the resolution appointing Directors).
- Notarized copy of the Power of Attorney if the company has a Corporate Director(s).
- Signature samples of the company’s owners.
- Letter of undertaking (applied in the case of shares to bearer). –
- Agreement of Limited Liability in the case of an LLC.
Note: all the documents must be translated into English and notarized. Hard copies must be sent in within 14 days upon submitting digital copies to the bank.
SAI BANK can be your trusted partner. For more information, please do not hesitate to email us to email@example.com to open a corporate account with the SAI BANK.