Many offshore jurisdictions are renowned for their banking services, but Belize is considered one of the most attractive ones – and there are a number of reasons why. Let’s consider them in this post and take a closer look at the particular services offered.
- Companies that Can Open an Account with an Offshore Bank in Belize
- Offshore Banking Products in Belize in 2023
- Corporate account rates and terms applicable in the recommended offshore bank of Belize in 2023
- Service and transaction rates in the recommended bank of Belize in 2023
- Documents Required to Opening an Offshore Corporate Account in Belize
- Steps Required to Open an Offshore Corporate Account in Belize
Belize is a tiny Central American country with an area of mere 8,880 square miles. In addition to the mainland, Belize owns about 200 islands that attract tourists with the most beautiful coral reefs.
In 2023, Belize offers excellent conditions for running an offshore business, but the jurisdiction is also well-known for its offshore banks that provide impressive advantages as compared to the banks in America or Europe.
Besides, Belize itself is a very stable country where you can keep your savings, register companies, and take advantage of trusts to protect capital from sanctions and foreign creditors.
If you want to use the banking products in Belize or any other country and you need a hassle-free experience or competent advice, please contact our specialists and get a free session where we can give you useful tips, offer our services related to business registration and opening an offshore bank account online or in person, and help you make an informed decision.
Companies that Can Open an Account with an Offshore Bank in Belize
Almost all foreign companies, trusts and foundations can have access to the banking products of the offshore bank in Belize that we offer. There do exist certain restrictions, however, related to the company’s geographical location and its sphere of activity.
Here are the limitations set by the most convenient offshore bank in Belize that serves corporate clients and foreign companies in 2023:
- The bank does not accept applications for opening an account for companies registered in the following jurisdictions:
- Gaza Strip
- North Korea
- Sudan and South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Companies operating in the following areas are not served by the offered bank of Belize:
- Multi-level marketing
- Marijuana and similar activities
- Prescription drugs
- Religious organizations
- Military industry, weapons, and so on
If your company is not from the listed countries and nor does it engage in the activities above, the Belize offshore bank in question is ready to onboard you, and in most cases it can be the best option for conducting business without an enormous tax burden or currency restrictions.
Get competent advice from our experts and choose your bank to open a corporate offshore account today. You are welcome to study our current offers on banking products.
Offshore Banking Products in Belize in 2023
Private clients and foreign companies can take advantage of all the offers of the proposed offshore bank in Belize which are currently relevant. These are bank prepaid cards for personal purposes, time and fixed deposits or settlement accounts in several currencies.
VISA Prepaid Cards
The offshore bank in Belize that we recommend currently offers prepaid VISA cards to its customers. This product will allow you to:
- pay anywhere in the world wherever you see the VISA logo
- transfer the funds between different cardholders
- withdraw cash from ATMs around the world
- reload it up to the amount of USD 20,000.00
And here are the fees and rates for international prepaid cards at the Belize bank of our choice for private and corporate customers in 2023:
- Account replenishment – 3% of the amount
- Annual membership fee – USD 50.00
- Refund fee – USD 40.00
- Courier delivery – depends on the destination
- Account maintenance – USD 3.00
- Card activation – USD 3.00
- Balance request at the ATM – USD 2.00
- Withdrawals at the ATM – USD 5.00
- Change of PIN code – USD 2.00
- Purchase/Rejection of POS transaction – USD 3.00
- Inactivity fee (after 90 days of inactivity) – USD 10.00
- Commission for currency exchange – 3%
- Cross-border fee – 3%
In 2020, ViaCarte, an international platform recognized a leader in the fintech area that offers state-of-the-industry solutions, started cooperating with the bank. As a result, customers can now order new payment cards that provide the following advantages:
- Access to the hotel search and booking system with special discounts
- Search and rent of cars with special discounts
- Travel insurance and other types of insurance under special conditions
- A loyalty and reward program that offers goods and services for travel, lifestyle, discounts on the world’s best brands, and much more in return for the bonus points accumulated by the customer
- Finally, additional protection of assets on the account with a possibility of connecting and disabling various functions online
Want to receive a prepaid Visa card from a reliable offshore bank in Belize? Please contact us at email@example.com to get any additional information you need. If you think more globally and need a multi-currency anonymous card in other countries (banks), please study all of our offers related to cards.
Available Bank Accounts
- Fixed-rate deposit
- Corporate offshore on-demand deposit account (it is used as a standard transaction account)
The accounts can be opened in the following currencies: USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, and CHF.
Corporate account rates and terms applicable in the recommended offshore bank of Belize in 2023:
|Rates and services (USD)
|Fixed-term deposit accoun
|Lifestyle (savings) account
|On-demand deposit account
|Account opening fee
|Monthly maintenance fee
|USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, CHF
|Minimum initial balance
|1 year – 1.75%
|Less than USD 25,000 — 0.1%
|9,999 and less — 0%
|2 years – 2.00%
|25,000 to 99,000 USD — 0.25%
|3 years – 2.25%
|4 years – 2.5%
|More than USD 100,000 — 0.5%
|USD 10,000 and more — 0.1%
|5 years – 3.0%
Service and transaction rates in the recommended bank of Belize in 2023
|Internal transactions between accounts
|If the bank cannot submit an application to recipients for incoming/outgoing transactions
|10.0 + foreign bank commission
|Transfer tracking fee
|35.00 + foreign bank commission
|Cash deposits (with notification 2 business days in advance)
|3% of the deposit amount
|Cash withdrawal (with notification 2 business days in advance)
|3% of the amount
|Processing of payments (checks)
|Check deposit verification
|USD 15.00 clearing fee for inspection plus bank charges (USD 33.00 + 1% of the check valu
|Payment to a local recipient
|10.0 + delivery
|25.0 + delivery
|25.0 + foreign bank commission
|25.0 + foreign bank commission
|Verification of funds sent for encashment
|50.0 + foreign bank commission
|General banking transactions/services/rates
|Withdrawal of funds from the initial deposit in less than 30 days
|1.8% of the amount (minimum USD 25)
|Accounts inactive within 24 months (annually)
|Accounts inactive within 36 months (annually)
|Closing the account within 6 months after opening
|USD 25,00 + cost of transfer
|International delivery of documents by courier
|USD 50 (minimum)
|Courier delivery (local)
|USD 10 (minimum)
|Immediate statement or statement copy
|Copies and bank certification of original documents
|USD 25 per each document
|Statement of balance or interest paid
|USD 25 per each document
Documents Required to Open an Offshore Corporate Account in Belize
Below is a list of documents required to open an account for a foreign company.
ALL beneficiary account holders, signatories, directors, nominees, company officials will have to submit:
- Filled out, printed and signed copies of the relevant bank forms
- Color notarized copy of the travel passport or another acceptable Identification Document (pages with the photo and signature)
- Notarized copy of your proof of residence address (utility bill)
Note: This document must be no older than 2 months by the time you submit the registration package. Translation into English and notarization are mandatory.
- Reference Letter from your bank on your professional relations lasting at least a year
- Reference Letter from a professional (a lawyer, a notary, etc.) on your professional relationship lasting at least a year
- Notarized copy of the share certificate (if the company has registered shares); the Deed of Trust if the company has a corporate shareholder(s)
- Notarized Power of Attorney that gives the right to open and manage the account
- Notarized copy of the Minutes of General Meeting, the Articles of Association of the legal entity/structure
- Notarized copy of the company’s Certificate of Incorporation
- Notarized copy of the Company’s Certificate of Good Standing (if the company has been in existence for more than one year)
- Notarized copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association/Bylaws/Operating Agreement
- Certificate of Shareholders/Subscribers
Steps Required to Open an Offshore Corporate Account in Belize
In 2023, you can open a business account for a foreign company, trust, foundation, or a personal account to keep your assets in an offshore bank in Belize without visiting the country in person. Our experts will help you complete the procedure remotely and thus save your time and costs.
All you need is to make a few simple steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and sign an agreement for the consultancy services provision with our company.
- Pay for our services in any convenient way, including Bitcoin. Here is the cost of services of opening an offshore account:
- for a company without nominees — from EUR 3,999
- for a company with nominees — from EUR 4,999
- Prepare and hand over the documents upon request.
- Take patience, and you will soon get a fully operational account that you can personally manage on a remote basis.
Want to become a client of an offshore bank in Belize? Waste no time and get in touch with us for a quick solution.