The Immigration Program by Investment for St. Kitts and Nevis (SKN) was introduced in 1984, making it the first CBI progamme in the world. Other nations have offered their own CBI programme, and they are based on the SKN model. This means that this particular CBI is the ‘blueprint’ used for all CBI’s worldwide. Since this has now been running for 37 consecutive years, everyone can see that this is the cleanest, most established process that is available in the entire world.
There are 2 options available to obtain SKN citizenship: An investment in a Sustainable Growth fund (SGF) or by an investment in a government approved real estate project. They will be described later in this article.
One feature of the programme offered by St. Kitts and Nevis: an English exam or knowledge about the islands is not required. The entire procedure for applicants is done remotely.
Conditions for Acceptance
- The principal applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- There is no criminal record and ongoing open criminal cases against the applicant
- The applicant must pass a due diligence check.
- Documents must be provided to confirm the legal origin of funds supporting the application.
- The presence of a medical certificate confirming good health.
The following can be added to the application
- Children under the age of 30 who are dependent financially on the main applicant
- Parents aged 55 or older and are dependent on the applicant
As of April 2020, a St. Kitts and Nevis passport has visa-free access to 154 countries, including the EU, Russia and most of Latin America.
How much does it cost to buy citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis?
As mentioned above, there are 2 options available to obtain citizenship:
- A non-refundable investment of US$ 150,000 in a Sustainability Growth Fund
- An investment in a government approved real estate project. This investment has 2 options for the applicant: US$ 200,000.00 and $400,000.00. The difference in pricing pertains to the number of years that the applicant is required to hold the property. A $200,000 investment requires holding for 7 years while a $400,000 require a 5 year hold
For a list of government approved real estate investments click HERE.
Note: All applications must be sent through a licensed accredited agent. our partner company qualifies and offers very competetive prices.
|Type of investment option under the program|
|Investing in SGF||Investing in real estate|
|Type of investment||Non-refundable fee||The property can be sold 7 years after the purchase|
|Minimum amount – investment of the main applicant||US$150 000||US$200 000**|
|Minimum amount – spouse||US$ 25 000||—|
|Each additional member||US$ 10 000||—|
|Security screening fee (Due Diligence)||Investor||US$7 500|
|Family members||US$4,000 for each member 16 and older|
|Application processing fee||Investor||250US$||US$35 297|
|Family members||250US$||US$20,297 per spouse|
|US$10,297 for other dependents, regardless of age|
|The cost of the partner company’s service when obtaining a passport:|
|Minimum amount : one applicant||US$20 000|
|Minimum amount – family||US$25 000**|
|Notes to the table:
There is an opportunity to resell the asset after 5 years, but in this case the minimum investment amount of the main applicant increases to US$ 400,000
Only the Government Approved Development Project, approved by the Federation government, can be the object of real estate investment.
The amount covers a family of up to 5 people (main investor plus 4 members). Each additional dependent is subject to an additional fee.
By the end of 2020, the minimum amount of donation to the State Sustainable Development Fund for a family of 4 has been reduced to $150,000, it is the same as for a single applicant. At the same time, the family, which includes the applicant, spouse and two children, will pay state fees for data processing and security checks in the same amount as before the announced discount.
Parents and children of the main applicant or spouse, who are financially dependent on them and are between the ages of 30 and 55, can be included in the collective application for the citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis for investments or grants. The children concerned include children with disabilities, as well as children in higher education.
Citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis – cost calculation for a family of 4 members
- Non-refundable contribution – 150,000
- Passport fee – 1400
- Security check payment – 15,500
- Total: $166,900.
- Acquisition of the object – from 200,000
- Passport fee – 1400
- Security check payment – 15,500
- State fee : 75,000
- Total: 277,900.
The calculation does not include additional expenses of participants for the services of our company and partners, as well as other state fees.
In addition, children born after the applicants have received a second citizenship for investments of St. Kitts and Nevis can be added to the collective application for investments. They may be included in the collective application up to the age of 16. Their nominations must be considered by experts from the Department of Homeland Security. Information on relevant and other government fees is presented in the table below.
|The name of the service||Cost of service|
|Adding a spouse after the approval of the main applicant||$35,000.00|
|Adding a dependent after the approval of the main applicant||10 000,00|
|Adding a minor if such a child is born before approval||10 000,00|
|Due Diligence Financial Sponsor’s Reliability Check||4 000,00|
|Due Diligence reliability check when names change||1 500,00|
|Making corrections to your registration certificate due to a translation error||500,00|
|Re-issuance of a registration certificate that has been lost or stolen||500,00|
|Preparing a registration certificate for each person of individual or general filing||50,00|
|Passport processing for every child under the age of sixteen||500,00|
|Charge for changing the financial option||10 000|
It is possible to expedite the process to 60 business days by using the Accelerated Application Process (AAP) procedure. Contact us for further details.
How to buy Citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis: bypassing the “submarines”
Please note that you will have to go through a fingerprinting procedure to verify your identity. This procedure will be carried out with an independent third-party contractor. Information obtained as a result of this procedure will be forwarded to the Authorities of the Caribbean country for examination and transfer to international law enforcement agencies for additional checks.
In order to avoid delays and difficulties in submitting a collective application, it is strongly recommended that citizens of Iran, the Syrian Arab Republic and Afghanistan not be on the list of financial dependents. Such persons are officially excluded from the list of foreigners who are allowed to participate in the program.
Email us at email@example.com with a description of your situation and the following:
- Information about the current country of residence and current citizenship (applies to all applicants of the general application, if planned for the family);
- Number of people who apply for citizenship and passports with age and status (on their full security or dependents on maintenance);
- Selected investment option (irretrievable subsidy or home purchase);
- Estimated terms of obtaining citizenship, based on which, we will be able to draw up a plan of action and find the optimal program.
After consultation, prepare a package of documents for later transfer to an accredited agent.
Once an application has been made and all necessary documents have been submitted to the authorities, investment requirements have been met and other formalities have been finalized, it will be possible to track the progress of the application process of the economic citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis at all stages of processing using the CAMS (or Citizen Application Management System) electronic paperwork system.
Terms of the Citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis for Investment
- The contract with us for legal and consulting services – from 1 day.
- Preparation of all necessary documentation – from 1 week.
- Consideration of the application and passing the check – up to six months. When you order an expedited review (AAP), it’s 60 days.
- The issuance of a passport on the basis of a naturalization certificate – from 1 week.
If you wish to visit the islands, please contact your professional service provider to schedule a visit. Representatives of the partner company will be happy to show you the approved property. Our partners in the partner team will be happy to help you issue your passport to St. Kitts and Nevis.
Remember that each case is individual and requires a thorough study of your situation (taking into account factors: the country of residence, the number of members, the planned date of obtaining a second citizenship, etc.) and the individual approach. We are happy to give you the opportunity to feel all the charms and benefits of the second passport of St. Kitts and Nevis. Feel like successful and free citizens of the world and feel all the privileges of a new standard of living!
Please fill out the questionnaire below to help us help you select the best citizenship by investment opportunity.