This article describes a special program that allows you to “buy” a foreign identification document in about 45 days.
The availability of a comfortable climate, spacious beaches, sunny smiles of local residents, low tax burden and strict adherence to bank secrecy is what Vanuatu offers to foreign tourists and businessmen.
Located in the Pacific Ocean, next to Australia and New Zealand, the state, the capital of which is called Port Vila, has a total area of 12,000 square kilometers (about five times the size of Moscow), with a population of 267,000.
The name VANUATU comes from the words “vanua” (“land” / “house”), found in several Austronesian languages, and “tu” (“stand”). Together, the two words point to the independent status of the island country, which was given its independence in 1980.
In April 2017, the government approved the Vanuatu Development Support Program (VDSP), with the aim of stimulating the economy of jurisdiction by attracting the capital of foreigners. The result is a Vanuatu passport through investments for approved applicants.
Beware of scammers
An alternative identification document allows you to travel freely to many countries using visa-free travel. It helps you to work, develop business, and make investments in many parts of the world just to name a few. It allows gives you protection against the interference of state structures in your private life.
By launching the VDSP investment migration programme to provide Vanuatu passports to foreigners through investment in the host country’s economy, local authorities sought to raise additional capital for the development of the homeland.
Investors who apply for a second Vanuatu passport for investment in new citizenship under VDSP help create permanent/temporary jobs in the host country, implement projects to build new/modernize existing schools/hospitals, and improve infrastructure.
Investments are made to the economy directly through subsidies, having a major impact on tourism development, improving the quality of life of the local population and developing the island nation in an environmentally sustainable way, contributing to the preservation of the cleanliness and beauty of the islands’ nature for the sake of future generations.
IMPORTANT: Pacific authorities have previously launched programs called the Capital Investment Immigration Plan (CIIP) and the Vanuatu Economic Rehabilitation Program (VERP). These programs are no longer operational.
In other words, the only way to legally issue a Vanuatu passport through investment in economic citizenship is the VDSP program. If someone offers you to participate in any other Vanuatu investment programme, it is fraudulent. You will lose your money
Benefits of a Vanuatu passport
- The Vanuatu passport allows visa-free entry/entry on arrival/e-visa to more than a hundred countries, including all European Union states, UK, Ireland, Russia. Vanuatu citizens are also allowed to apply for an Australian Visitor Visa Subclass 600.
- Vanuatu’s passport application program, through investments in economic citizenship, offers favorable terms to investors with families. It is permissible to submit a collective application covering a family of 4 members (principal applicant, spouse, two children under the age of 18), without requiring any co-payment regarding the individual application (only one main investor). The inclusion of other additional dependents in the collective application (in addition to a family of four) would require a purely symbolic co-payment.
- The jurisdiction offers interesting tax planning tools. Thus, Vanuatu citizens are not subject to any taxes on the income of individuals (the benefit covers only fiscal residents), property and inheritance.
- There are no requirements for Vanuatu passport applicants for investments in terms of residence before/after obtaining a new citizenship.
- Successful applicant and financial dependants who are involved in the collective application (subject to such an application) receive full lifelong citizenship.
- The authorities are using the quota system to ensure the security of Vanuatu’s passport program through investment and to minimize the likelihood of abuse.
- Foreign investors help create new jobs and support the economic development of a country that is becoming a new homeland.
- The Vanuatu VDSP Investment Migration Program is one of the fastest ways in the world to obtain a foreign identification document: a Vanuatu passport for investing in economic citizenship is granted to successful candidates in less than 2 months.
- By ordering a Vanuatu passport through investment in the registration of a second citizenship, a foreigner has access to a highly developed and very secure banking sector.
- In the Pacific Ocean between Australia and New Zealand, the jurisdiction has a very good geographical location. This fact is appreciated by foreigners looking for a foothold of business development in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Successful candidates often move to tropical islands of paradise with excellent ecology, where organic agriculture develops. The country is further characterized by energy independence – a very important moment for any compact island nation.
How to Qualify
Principal applicant must be between the ages of 18 – 50
Principal applicant must have assets of at least $500,000, of which 50% must be bank assets
A required deposit of 25% is required upon the submitting of the application, with the remaining balance due of approval
Any candidate for a Vanuatu passport through an investment in economic citizenship (chief investor/dependent) must submit a number of documents, including, the original certificate of non-conviction from the jurisdiction of citizenship/residence for the last 12 months.
The following family members are considered dependents:
- The applicant’s or spouse’s own/adopted children/ between the ages of 18-25 years of age, who is dependent on the applicant or spouse who is attending school full time;
- The applicant’s legal father/mother/spouse is over 50, who is a dependent of the applicant/spouse.
Finally, a little important information about the terms of participation in the VDSP program:
- Muslims do not have difficulty applying for the program (which distinguishes the Vanuatu scheme from its many counterparts).
- Newborns in the families of Vanuatu economic citizens are automatically granted the status of a citizen of that country.
- A certificate of non-conviction from the police should be provided only by individuals over 12 (children under the age of 12 are exempt from the provision of such a document).
How much does a Vanuatu passport cost
There is a promotion for a limited time:
- Principal applicant only: $145,000;
- Principal applicant , spouse ( 1 (additional family member/dependent): $165,000;
- Principal applicant , spouse ( 2 (additional family member/dependent): $175,000;
This includes a grant to the state fund, government fees, fees for the services of immigration agents. The cost of swearing allegiance to the new homeland is paid in addition.
The following documents are required:
- Application forms (principal applicant, spouse, children, parents).
- Color scans of the passports of the applicants – the main applicant, spouse, children, parents ( first 3 pages, last 3 pages, cover).
- Color scans of identity cards, and it is necessary to fit the front and back page of any identity on the 1 page of photocopy and (if the language of the document differs from English) provide an English translation (for the main applicant, spouse, children, parents).
- Marriage certificate with translation into English (if necessary).
- Proof of a link between the main applicant and the parents (the applicant’s birth certificate).
- Birth certificates of children.
- Police certificates of no criminal record for applicants/dependents of the age of 12.
- School transcripts for 18-25-year-olds who are children/financial dependents of the main investor/spouse
- Results of the medical examination for each applicants.
- The most recent/relevant documents confirming the education of dependent children of the main investor /spouse (until age 25).
- Documents confirming the presence of the main investor assets in the amount of $500,000.
- Biographical certificate of the main applicant and a certificate of employment from the company of the main candidate, which was sealed with the stamped stamp.
- Documents must be submitted in the form of color photocopies. Translated documents must be certified and notarized.
- The documents provided (relating to the main applicant, spouse, children, parents) must be signed by the main applicant before scanning and handing over to the Vanuatu authorities for consideration.
- An accredited immigration agent must obtain an application from the applicant and submit an application for a Vanuatu passport through investments to the Office of Economic Citizenship (Citizenship Unit) through investments;
- The investor must make an initial deposit of 25% of the total subsidy payment- to pay for security checks.
- The Commission on Economic Citizenship (The Commission) is to convene a meeting of the Committee on the Screening Committee (The Committee) examining applications before the Commission’s consideration;
- The Committee should verify the trustworthiness of any applicant wishing to apply for a Vanuatu passport for investment in economic citizenship. Specialists of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) are involved in such a process;
- If FIU experts confirm that the applicant has no criminal record, the Committee will submit the application to the Commission. The latter will review the documents and decide whether to approve/reject the application for a Vanuatu passport through an investment in economic citizenship by a foreigner. In the event of a positive decision, a letter of principle (AIP) issued by the Commission is prepared;
- The Secretary-General of the Office must notify the accredited immigration agent of the Commission’s decision on any applicant within two weeks of the Commission’s decision.
- The applicant then has to pay the remaining 75% of the subsidy fee. The payment must be made within 15 days of receiving the AIP.
- The Commission will then make a positive decision on the application for a Vanuatu passport for investments by a foreign investor, and the Commission will present to the Prime Minister the name/surname of the individual concerned, the spouse and other financial dependents whose nominations have been additionally approved.
- Having received the information mentioned in the previous paragraph, the Prime Minister must give the President the names of individuals obtaining a Vanuatu passport through investments in economic citizenship in accordance with the terms of the VDSP programme.
- Any applicant must take an oath of allegiance to the new homeland in Hong Kong / in Vanuatu territory / via video conferencing.
- The final stage will be to obtain a certificate of citizenship and a Vanuatu passport for investment. Relevant documents are also issued in Hong Kong. Available by courier / through a hired immigration agent.
The procedure will take about five weeks.
Selecting a licensed immigration agent
Under Pacific law, foreigners are allowed to issue a second Vanuatu passport for investment in economic citizenship only through a licensed immigration agent – it is forbidden for candidates to interact directly with local government.
It is obvious that in preparation for the registration of a Vanuatu passport through investment it is necessary to carefully and responsibly approach the choice of such an agent. We are talking about investments of hundreds of thousands of dollars and legal registration of a new foreign identification document.
Such agents include a partner company of the portal InternationalWealth, which has a wealth of experience supporting investors participating in various programs of investment citizenship around the world, including the Caribbean. Such experience is useful with the support of the participants of the Vanuatu VDSP program.
To date, the partner company has managed to help numerous participants in immigration programs, including international entrepreneurs and VIPs, who apply for a second citizenship in order to facilitate travel around the world, start a business in a country with low tax burdens, ensure the safety of families and assets.
The partner company has a Vanuatu Passport Coordinator for Investing in Economic Citizenship, working directly with clients and working closely with pacific government representatives to ensure the best possible results. The Coordinator is further examining the applications, preparing to pass on the information to the authorities. This approach reduces the likelihood of failure/ sending documents for revision.
Vanuatu Passport by Investment