Applicants with a criminal record cannot obtain Antigua citizenship
- Benefits of a Second Passport in Antigua
- How to Obtain a Second Passport in Antigua (by Affordable Investment)
- Who Won’t Qualify for an Antiguan Passport
- Application for the Antigua Passport (Timeline)
- Must the Current Citizenship Be Renounced by Applicants for Antigua Passports?
- Antigua passport validity period
- Expert Support to Antigua Passport Applicants
You and your family can apply remotely for (dual or multiple) citizenships in Antigua and obtain it within three months.
An Antigua and Barbuda Passport is one of the most powerful passports in the world.
It is granted to applicants with a crystal-clear track record who make an economic contribution to the country (for example, a donation of USD 100,000 to the National Development Fund) or buy some property.
This article discusses the benefits and the procedure of obtaining Antigua passports. You are welcome to contact our experts at the e-address given at the top of this page should you need more information
Benefits of a Second Passport in Antigua
Citizenship by investment and a second passport in Antigua is an excellent choice for many reasons, including the following ones:
- The economic citizenship program is open to nationals of most countries. There are no requirements to reside in the Antiqua & Barbuda
- Tax residents pay zero tax on local or worldwide income.
- There are no taxes on wealth, gifts, inheritance/capital gains.
- The Antigua Citizenship Certificate and passport are irrevocable. They are issued within 4 months from the date of submission of the application documents (it takes 3 months to obtain citizenship and 1 month to obtain an Antigua passport).
- The application can be made remotely, and the procedure is very simple: no in-person visit is required, there is no formal interview with a government official, there are no business experience requirements, and no language tests.
- Dual and even multiple citizenships are allowed.
- Antigua citizenship gives the right to engage in duty-free trade and the right to free movement in the Caribbean CARICOM group of countries.
- The Antigua Passport guarantees visa-free (or fast visa on arrival) travel to more than 150 countries, which is a perfect arrangement for business or pleasure travelers. The visa-free list of destinations includes the UK, Schengen countries in Europe, numerous Latin American and Asian states (e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore).
- When necessary, visas to other countries non included in the visa-free list can be obtained very quickly.
- New countries are constantly being added to the visa-free list.
- Antigua citizens are encouraged to start a business in this beautiful island country offering a scope of investment opportunities.
- Dependent children under 30 and the spouse receive Antiguan passports along with the primary applicant.
- Brothers and sisters under 30 (single) may be included in the application.
- Parents over 55 can be included in the application as dependents.
- The quality lifestyle in a safe environment is one of the main perks of moving into Antigua, where summer never ends.
- An Antigua Passport is the basis for an excellent Plan B in whatever situations.
- Antigua is an important regional transport hub, connected with direct flights to over 20 major world destinations, including the USA, UK, Canada, and other Caribbean islands.
- Antigua is home to the most technologically advanced medical clinic in the region and two eminent American medical universities with local programs for medical staff.
- Antigua citizens enjoy full access to the developed banking infrastructure on the island.
- Antigua is a member of the United Nations, the CARICOM Group of States, the Organization of American States (OAS), and many other international bodies.
- This is a stunningly ravishing tropical country resting on islands with lush greenery in the turquoise ocean. Nature attractions include 365 blinding white beaches featuring both remote wild islets and busy waterfront areas with plenty to do and see. Nature lovers can hike Antigua’s rainforest nature reserve, enjoy yachting, snorkeling on an offshore coral reef, or scuba diving in the ocean deep, go birdwatching, discover many other wonders of this paradise, where summer vacations never end. Not surprisingly, tourism is the main source of the gross domestic product, generating about 60 percent of Antigua’s income.
How to Obtain a Second Passport in Antigua (by Affordable Investment)
To obtain an Antigua passport, one must make a donation or a repayable/social investment. The Citizenship by Investment program includes the following investment options:
Option 1: Non-Refundable Contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF)
- USD100,000 for an applicant/family of up to four members. Plus a USD 30,000 processing fee
- USD 130,000 for a family of five members (or more). Plus a USD 15,000 processing fee for each additional applicant.
Regardless of the choice, additional due diligence fees are payable: USD 7,500 for the applicant, USD 7,500 for the spouse, USD 2,000 for any dependent aged 12 to 17, and USD 4,000 for a dependent aged 18 or older.
Option 2: Non-Refundable Donation to the University of the West Indies Fund
Donation of USD 150,000 for a family of six/more people (minimum number of persons per application is six, the processing fee is included). Additional dependents: USD 15,000 per person. Due diligence: USD 7,500 for the applicant, USD 7,500 for the spouse, USD 2,000 for any dependent aged 12 to 17 years old, USD 4,000 for a dependent aged 18 years old or older.
Option 3: Property Investment
Investment of USD 200,000 or more for an applicant/family of up to four members. The menu of investment projects is offered by the Government. The purchased real estate property must be held for five years (and then it may be sold), which guarantees the status of an Antigua citizen by investment.
Processing fee: USD 30,000. Due diligence: USD 7,500 for the applicant, USD 7,500 for the spouse, USD 2,000 for any dependent aged 12 to 17 years old, and USD 4,000 for a dependent aged 18 years old or older. If there are more than four people in the household, there is a USD 15,000 processing fee for any additional dependent.
Option 4: Business Investment
The eligible investment threshold on behalf of a single person is at least USD 1,500,000 in an approved business.
Joint (mutual) investment in an approved business on behalf of at least two people must be at least USD 5 million, with either investor contributing at least USD 400,000 to this total amount. Processing fee: USD 30,000 for a family of up to four members, plus USD 15,000 for any additional dependent.
Regardless of the option chosen, applications for citizenship by investment and Antigua passports need to be submitted through approved agents.
InternationalWealth has partnered with the best regional agent. You are welcome to learn more by contacting our experts at the e-address given at the top of this page.
Who Won’t Qualify for an Antiguan Passport
The Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda has issued and is constantly updating a list of countries whose citizens have limited access to the local economic citizenship program. The current list includes the following states:
- the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan;
- the Islamic Republic of Iran;
- the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea;
- the Federal Republic of Somalia;
- the Republic of Yemen;
- the Republic of the Sudan.
These citizens are eligible to apply for an Antigua and Barbuda passport and economic citizenship by investment. But they need to meet the following criteria:
- Being by birth a citizen of some country from the list given above, the person, before attainment of majority, migrated to or obtained residence permit of Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or the United Arab Emirates, and has been holding the status of permanent residence for a certain period (not less than a decade).
- The applicant has managed to avoid any economic ties with the blacklisted states.
- Additionally, the applicant must fully comply with the due diligence requirements of the economic citizenship program.
The Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda imposed such restrictions, taking a rather tough stance to protect the integrity of the investment citizenship program and preserve the value/reputation of the Antigua and Barbuda passport.
Application for the Antigua Passport (Timeline)
|Application submitted||10% Government processing fee 100% Due diligence fee|
|Written approval received||90% Government processing fee|
100% Passport fee
|Decision announced||Citizenship granted|
Antigua certificate of citizenship and passport issued
Must the Current Citizenship Be Renounced by Applicants for Antigua Passports?
Antigua legislation allows dual citizenship. When participating in this jurisdiction’s economic citizenship program, one does not put at risk the passport or citizenship of his/her native state, even if the legislation of the home country prohibits multiple citizenships. This is thanks to the comprehensive confidentiality of the Antigua procedures of citizenship by investment.
The Antigua Passport Validity Period
The Antigua passport is valid for a period of five years. After the first renewal, the document is valid for a period of ten years. A citizen will not have to visit this Caribbean jurisdiction in-person to renew the passport. A visit to the nearest embassy/consulate is enough. It is also possible to perform the procedure remotely, using the services of an immigration agent with a power of attorney.
A renewal application is accepted for consideration if the recipient has spent a total of 5 days in this jurisdiction within 5 years from the date of acquisition of economic citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda.
Expert Support to Antigua Passport Applicants
The InternationalWealth clients are quite loyal wealthy international investors. They have all chances to be awarded passports of Antigua and Barbuda, especially when they involve our experts’ professional help with filing the appropriate application papers.
InternationalWealth popularity and success are attributed to our team’s commitment to top-notch professional customer-specific services. We keep track of all changes related to legislative matters and jurisdictions, and we keep our clients updated on meaningful news and special price offers.
You are welcome to request a free consultation and order your customized citizenship planning strategy by writing to our e-address given at the top of this page.
How valuable is an Antigua passport?
The Antigua and Barbuda passports rank high in reputable rankings of the most powerful passports in the world. Antigua passport holders enjoy visa-free travel to over 150 jurisdictions, including the Schengen states, Hong Kong, Singapore, Russia, and the United Kingdom. More benefits are enlisted in this article or can be discussed with our experts.
What are the dues and the terms of their payment when applying for Antigua economic citizenship and passport?
First, prepare your Application and pay 10% of the government processing fee plus 100% of due diligence fees. Second, wait for Approval. As soon as the written approval is issued by the state authority, 90% of the government processing fee and 100 % of the passport fees are payable, plus the full investment/donation amount needs to be deposited. Third, get the Certificate of Citizenship and Antigua Passport. The Passport needs to be renewed in five years.
Is it true that Antigua offers the most reasonably priced economic citizenship packages for families?
On the global market of economic citizenship, the Antigua passport/citizenship by investment program is certainly one of the best ones (in terms of costs and benefits). No other similar offer for families in the world is cheaper than this one. For a single applicant, the total expenses are about USD 100,000, while for a family of six the value of citizenship by investment is USD 150,000 plus various duties, and also the fee-based services of an immigration agent (citizenship is to be obtained only through an approved expert).