The Republic of the Marshall Islands is an island state in the northern part of the Pacific Ocean lying halfway between Australia and Hawaii. The islands were discovered by John Marshall in 1882 and then they were annexed by Germany. After WWII, The United States took control of the country and governed it until 1986 when the Marshall Islands became an independent state.
The Marshall Islands has a hybrid government and economic system: part of it has been borrowed from the English law (the corporate legislation, in particular) and another part has been borrowed from the USA. The US dollar is an official currency in the country. This combination makes the Marshall Islands an attractive offshore jurisdiction where international entrepreneurs like to register business companies.
Key advantages of offshore companies registered in the Marshall Islands
- Zero taxes. Offshore companies registered in this jurisdiction do not have to pay the profit tax. Dividends are also untaxable.
- Nominee services. Nominee shareholders and professional company directors are available in the Marshall Islands. Besides, a corporate entity can act as a company director.
- Bearer shares. Issuance of bearer shares is allowed in the Marshall Islands and they can be kept anywhere. You should bear in mind, however, that companies issuing bearer shares are going to have problems opening bank accounts in other countries. Experts of InternationalWealth portal will gladly consult you on opening a foreign bank account for your offshore company that has issued bearer shares.
- Ease of company formation. One shareholder and one director will suffice to register an offshore company in the Marshall Islands.
- High speed of company registration. Registering an offshore company in the Marshall Islands takes only 48 hours since the moment when the Registrar receives correctly completed application documents.
- Confidentiality. There is no public register of company shareholders, directors, or other beneficiaries in the Marshall Islands. Your competitors will not have a chance to learn that you own an offshore company. At the same time, the Marshall Islands automatically exchanges its residents’ fiscal information with some other countries. Please ask us if your home country is one of those or not.
In addition, InternationalWealth experts will consult you on re-domiciling your Marshall Islands-based company to another jurisdiction such as Gibraltar, for example.
Additional advantages that offshore companies in the Marshall Islands possess
- Minimum reporting requirements — there is no need to file annual tax returns or have audits.
- Ease of communication — English is the official language in the Marshall Islands.
- Company name in any language – you can name your offshore company in the Marshall Islands in any language that you prefer and the company name of your choice will be entered into the Registration Certificate.
- Company management flexibility – you can have Board of Directors meeting in any country of the world. Having annual shareholder meetings is not required either.
- Inexpensive offshore company formation – the minimum required registered capital that has to be deposited is 1 US dollar. The price of our company registration services starts at 2750 USD.
- Secure corporate legislation – the corporate laws in the Marshall Islands are based on the legislation of Delaware and New York, USA.
FREE EXPERT CONSULTATION
information from an expert on taxes
and possible tax benefits of the jurisdiction
appropriate to the company's structure.
oinformation from an expert on taxes and possible tax benefits of the jurisdiction appropriate to the company's structure.
InternationalWealth services in the Marshall Islands
InternationalWealth offers complex offshore solutions. The packaged service of registering an offshore company in the Marshall Islands includes the following services:
- An unlimited number of requests about the proposed company name availability;
- Consultations from experienced international lawyers about the ways to structure your offshore company;
- Preparation of the application for company registration in the Marshall Islands;
- Preparation of the Memorandum and Articles of Incorporation;
- Preparation of company By-laws;
- Support in filing the application for company registration;
- Payment of state duties;
- One year of registration agent services in the Marshall Islands;
- Rent for one year of a registered legal address in the country;
- Courier delivery of the corporate documents around the globe.
Corporate documents include the following ones:
- Certificate of Incorporation;
- Endorsement Certificate;
- Power of Attorney;
- Articles of Incorporation;
- Registrar’s consent to company director appointment;
- Standard company By-laws (not necessary).
This packed service is priced at 2750 USD.
If you need an offshore company in the Marshall Islands to open a foreign bank account or to make a business deal and thus need the corporate documents apostilled, the cost of the service is US $3,785.
Annual extension of company registration in the Marshall Islands costs US$ 2,250 beginning the second year of company existence. This price covers the following:
- Payment of the state company extension fee;
- Payment for the registration agent’s services;
- Rent of registered legal address.
We will adapt the service package to your needs. The price indicated above can change. Please inform us about your business objectives and we will come up with several possible solutions. You are welcome to contact us via email, live chat, or messengers. We guarantee that the personal information that you share with us will remain confidential.
How much does it cost to register an offshore company in the Marshall Islands?
It costs 2750 USD if the corporate documents do not have to be apostilled. If they do, the price is US$ 3,785.
How long does it take to register an offshore company in the Marshall Islands?
If all the application documents are completed correctly, company registration in the Marshall Islands takes only two days. If you take the preparation time and the document delivery time into account, three to four weeks are required.
What type of business should I start in the Marshall Islands?
Companies trading physical goods with the USA often register in the Marshall Islands. Besides, international IT companies like to domicile there. At the same time, you can engage in any kind of business with your Marshall Island-based company. Please specify your goals and we will help you make the right choice.