We invite you to consider the opportunity to register an offshore company that is tailored to your business needs. Please choose the country, the company ownership type, the nominee service, the bank account, and many other elements of the offshore company.
Why order customized offshore company registration
There are two ways to acquire an offshore company:
- Purchase an existing one; or
- Register a new one.
Purchasing a shelf company in an offshore jurisdiction will help you economize on time: the process is going to take only one to three days. However, there are certain drawbacks that you will face:
- A shelf offshore company will have a name that may not suit you.
- The overall cost will include a package of registration services some of which you may not actually require.
- The corporate documents are going to be of the standard form, which may not cater to your specific business goals.
- The corporate documents may not be of the form required by the bank of your choice.
- The shelf company may have an unfavorable history or even hidden debts.
On the other hand, registering a new offshore company will bring the following benefits:
- Registering a company in a ‘classic’ offshore jurisdiction takes only two or three days. It has to be admitted, however, that setting up a new company is a jurisdiction that has some offshore elements but that is not, in fact, an offshore jurisdiction in the full sense of the word, will normally take longer – up to four weeks.
- You can choose the company name that you like (with some restrictions).
- You can tailor the corporate documents to your business needs.
- You will have a company with no history and no history means clean history.
- You can tailor the corporate documents to the requirements of the bank that you prefer.
- You can save money, as you will be buying what you need instead of what is sold.
The advantage of buying a readymade offshore company over registering a new one is the economy of time. In all other respects, registering a new offshore company is more beneficial. In this way, you can set up a business instrument that will fit your business purposes perfectly well.
Forms of offshore company ownership
You can set up an offshore company of one of the following types:
- A Business Company (BC) or an International Business Company (IBC);
- A Limited Liability Company (LLC);
- A Corporation;
- A Partnership (LP, LLP);
- A joint-stock company, a trust or a fund even though these forms of offshore company ownership are less popular with international entrepreneurs.
Jurisdictions where you can set up an offshore company
Foreign jurisdictions can be divided into three classes:
- ‘True’ offshores:
- The Marshall Islands;
- Hong Kong;
- The USA;
- Great Britain;
We refer to the countries that offer zero/ close-to-zero taxes, flexible corporate legislation, and minimal reporting requirements as ‘true’ offshores.
We refer to the countries that offer some though not all offshore benefits to international business people as midshores. For instance, in some jurisdictions, the territorial taxation system is applied that makes income obtained by the company outside the territory of these countries tax-exempt.
Onshore jurisdictions are high-tax countries that offer certain incentives to foreign nationals registering companies there. For instance, a Partnership registered in Canada and doing business elsewhere does not have to pay the Canadian corporate tax.
Corporate bank account for your offshore company
The functionality of your offshore company will be highly limited unless it has a corporate bank account.
It is not easy to open a bank account for an offshore-registered company. Those who suggest that you should buy a readymade offshore company will seldom mention this fact. It is practically impossible to open a corporate bank account for a company registered in a ‘true’ offshore jurisdiction without professional assistance.
Setting up a bank account in a foreign country (not in the country where your offshore company is registered) is becoming more and more difficult year after year. The scheme that still works is the following one: register a company in a foreign country and open a corporate bank account in the same country.
This option is available in any offshore jurisdiction. For example, Nevis offers an opportunity to set up an LLC or a BC and it has reliable banks at the same time. The same goes for Panama, the USA, and Canada, among other national states.
If you choose to set up an offshore company in the UK, Hong Kong or Singapore, for instance, please be prepared to establish real presence in the country of the company domiciliation. We cooperate with dozens of banks and we hear the ‘economic substance’ requirement more often every day. Thus, you have to live with the knowledge that your offshore company will have to have some tangible assets in the country where it is registered in all likelihood.
Regardless of the country where you would like to set up an offshore company, prior to placing a service request, please apply for a free consultation to find out if setting up a corporate bank account is realistic.
Documents required for registering an offshore company
Depending on the country where you are registering an offshore company, the requirements to the documents can be different. Normally, the following basic documents have to be supplied:
- Company owner and director’s passport copies;
- Proofs of addresses for the owner and the director (an ID that carries the residential address, a utility bill, or a bank statement can serve this purpose).
Besides, you will have to suggest two or three variants of the prospective company name.
If you are going into a business that has to be licensed, you will have to apply for a license. For instance, banks, insurance companies, and casinos required licenses.
A larger number of documents are required to set up a corporate bank account:
- Company owner and director’s personal documents;
- Corporate documents such as Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- A description of the business venture;
- A description of the company ownership structure;
- A proof of the legality of the sources of funds/ accounting reports;
- Recommendations from other banks or professionals.
How to register an offshore company in a fast and secure manner
Here are the steps that you have to take in order to set up an offshore company:
- Define your goals and business priorities.
- Think where your suppliers/ clients are located.
- Decide on the country where the company has to be domiciled, the form of company ownership, and the bank where you want to open a corporate account. The latter issue certainly requires professional advice.
- After that, collect the application documents, sign a service agreement with us, and cover the costs of offshore company registration. In most cases, an offshore company can be registered remotely.
Our experts will help you ascertain that all the allocation documents are in good order, as any errors will lead to the application rejection. With our professional assistance, you can set up an operable offshore company.
Save time, money, and nervous cells! Contact us and place an offshore company registration service request. You are welcome to send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or our live chat. You can also call us at +372 5 489 53 37 , +381 6911 12327 (these are our WhatsApp numbers). Looking forward to hearing from you!